Solutions driven success.
RXO brings together massive capacity, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading expertise to keep shippers and carriers ahead of the marketplace. At RXO, we’re looking for innovative and collaborative employees who are committed to solving our customers’ challenges. We know we can do big things when we work together – so join us on our mission to disrupt the industry.
As a Brokerage Sales & Operations Intern, you will gain valuable knowledge and exposure to the brokerage team’s sales and operational roles. Part of your duties may include serving as a point of contact for drivers and owner-operators, updating and inputting data into our systems, and tracking and tracing loads. We’ll help you establish a solid foundation of knowledge about RXO, which will prepare you for advancement within the company. If you’re ready to build a career you can be proud of, we have an opportunity for you to grow with RXO.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
· Communicate daily with customers, potential customers, and independent contractors
· Input pickup and delivery information into our systems in real time
· Check in with contract drivers and assist in matching paperwork and filing finished documents
· Communicate with the Customer Service team about appointment scheduling
· Accept and process load tenders
· Place outbound service update calls
· Complete customer score card templates
· Act as a key contributor to projects that impact the business and solve real problems
What you need to succeed at RXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
· High school diploma or equivalent, and currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
It’d be great if you also have:
· Education toward a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
· Solid organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
· High energy work style with a solid drive to succeed
· Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; able to consult with team members and management as needed
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review RXO's candidate privacy statement here.