Manufacturing represents half of the world’s GDP, but 20 cents of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources. Put simply: solving problems in manufacturing is too hard, too inefficient, and too analog.
Instrumental is a software company with the mission of eliminating half of that unnecessary waste by accelerating product maturity in manufacturing. We empower hardware companies to optimize their factories through artificial intelligence and unprecedented data access. Thanks to Instrumental, startups and Fortune 500 hardware companies alike are increasing yields, accelerating time-to-market, and reducing the frequency of recalls and production delays.
About the Role:
As Instrumental’s Rev Ops Lead you will be responsible for the end-to-end processes integrating Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Finance during the customer lifecycle. You will level up our sales processes through systems, training, reporting and close business partnership. You’ll additionally support both our new logo motion and expansion business from tactical pricing & contract flow steps to strategic sales playbook design.
Our business decisions are data-driven, so as the go-to subject matter expert on Salesforce and our full GTM tech stack, your reporting will identify meaningful insights and drive actions at every level of the organization.
You will be an early teammate, where your day-to-day activities will have a significant, visible impact on our success.
What's exciting about this role:
- Optimizing Instrumental’s Sales Playbook – driving growth with efficient processes, clean handoff points, and continuous feedback loops.
- Managing, administering, and leveling up our GTM tech stack, delivering on the data dependencies of other departments. You’ll ensure accurate deal pricing and document generation through Salesforce and CPQ.
- Building, maintaining and recommending reports and dashboards for sales management and revenue operations that cover performance trajectory as well as identifying threats and opportunities.
- Partnering with leadership in strategic planning and corporate reporting.
We’re Looking for Someone Who Has:
- 5+ years of experience in Revenue or Sales Operations, with at least 3 years in an enterprise sales organization.
- 5+ years of Salesforce administrative experience; Salesforce Admin certification a plus.
- Well-versed in sales forecast, pipeline, lead-to-close journey and methodologies.
- Strong and extensive Excel or Google Sheets skills.
- Proven track record of successful work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills to understand user needs across the Go-to-Market Teams to make the right trade-offs between perfection & pragmatism.
- Strong project & time management.
We’d Love to Chat if You Have:
- A self-starter mindset with the ability to chart a course through ambiguity and a bias for action.
- Experience in Enterprise, B2B sales cycles in any industry.
We’re a growing team that consistently works collaboratively, is supportive of each other, and is highly energized by the opportunity for large impact. We actively work to promote an inclusive environment, valuing passion and the ability to learn. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description!
The salary range for this role within the Bay Area starts between $120k - $140k. In addition, job level & salary opportunity is evaluated through our interview process – we review experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
Instrumental is very proud to offer a highly-rated variety of benefits including: Health, Vision, Dental, Public Transit/Commuter Plans, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.