Together we are powering the future of Higher Education:
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,900 customers and reaching over 26 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
The Manager, Sales Compensation will lead a high impact global function that focuses on accurate administration of the company’s Sales Compensation Plan. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all commissionable employees are paid accurately, timely and per applicable laws. In this role, you will work closely with Sales leadership, the Revenue Operations team and the HR Business Partner to ensure all aspects of the plan and processes are in place to support effective administration.
This is a mission critical role with high impact to the proper functioning of our Sales organization. This role will play an integral part in executing on the company’s sales compensation strategy, ensuring proper checks and balances are in play to prevent errors.
Where you will make an impact
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Sales Compensation processes in an efficient manner.
- Ensure the proper processes are in place to support the accurate calculation of monthly and quarterly commissions based on the commission plan in effect for each role.
- Serve as administrator of the Xactly platform for commissions plan build, distribution, and monthly commissions calculations.
- Responsible for configuration and setup of new plans within the Xactly platform, as well as regular testing to ensure configuration is in accordance with plan design.
- Collaborate with Finance/Payroll to ensure timely and accurate payments to commissionable employees.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research and resolve inquiries and disputes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct regular audits of commissions credit and payments to ensure commissionable employees are being paid in accordance with the commission plan in effect.
- Collaborate with the Revenue Operations team and Sales Leadership to improve compensation plan design through the use of scenario builds and modeling.
- Drive improvements in the process to enable more effective reporting of performance and KPI on a normal cadence; own all performance data and associated KPI reporting.
What you will bring
- 5-8 years of sales compensation, sales operations or sales finance experience
- Proven track record in managing/working with Xactly tool in a large-scale organization including, annual plan setup, calculation logic build and running monthly processes
- Experience working with Salesforce.com and ERP system data
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously while working in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated expertise and success in the analysis, design, and automation of business processes
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to deliver presentations before large audiences
- Communicates effectively with executives, leaders, program/initiative owners, stakeholders, and other audiences and collaborates effectively across teams
What makes #Ellucianlife:
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning
- 401k w/ match & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Charitable leave – 40 hours/year
o Ginger (mental health)
o Wellbeats (virtual fitness classes)
- Rethink & Wellthy– caregiver support
- Diversity and inclusion programs which provide access to internal employee resource groups
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities