The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for leading and managing functions supporting IFP Sales & Distribution including Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) New Sales, Retention and Broker Sales Operations, Broker Support, Sales Platform Management, Sales Training, Broker Resource Center Management & Oversight, Sales Process Improvement, and Sales/Distribution Reporting.
- Lead Direct-to-Consumer new sales and retention operations including managing licensed agent call center and shopping platform vendor relationships, staffing modeling, training, quality control and delivery of vendor performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Owns development and drives execution of sales platform strategy and capabilities roadmap and partners with internal matrix partners to deliver systems and processes that support selling.
- Lead Sales Enablement including sales training development and delivery for internal and external audiences as well as coordination and support for broker events
- Management and oversight of Cigna's Broker Resource Center, sales collateral, document management and publication to internal and external sites
- Owns Broker Support including structure, staffing models, service delivery, and reporting including partnering with internal stakeholders on the closure of escalated cases
- Partner with IFP leadership and Broker Management Team to deliver best-in-class internal and external sales reporting to drive sales optimization and performance management
- Create cohesiveness across distribution channels to drive awareness and consumption of “need to know” information. Ensure that sales teams get the information they need, when they need it, in order to maximize knowledge, execution and performance.
- Lead sales process optimization to drive efficiencies, cost reduction and automation.
- Serve as a POC and owner for business-wide projects that impact sales – support requirements, communications, implementation in partnership with Distribution leadership and other matrix partners.
- Leverage legal and compliance teams as partners to drive both a growth and a fully compliant environment.
- Manage a team of experienced individuals across a variety of functions that support sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, operations management, finance, or related and a minimum of 10 years of direct Sales Operations experience.
- A minimum of 5 years leading teams in a Sales Operations / Sales Support environment within a healthcare or insurance environment.
- Experience with Individual & Family Plan / ACA market preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading multiple functions within a Sales Operations organization.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and drive meaningful results for the business.
- Demonstrated team building and people leadership skills
- Ability to anticipate future impact/trends and incorporating them into both a short-term and long-term organizational plans
- Enterprise thinker with proven ability to influence across a matrix environment
- Ability to develop relationships externally and across all levels of the organization
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 140,600 - 234,300 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus and long term incentive plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna Group.
About Cigna Healthcare
Cigna Healthcare, a division of The Cigna Group, is an advocate for better health through every stage of life. We guide our customers through the health care system, empowering them with the information and insight they need to make the best choices for improving their health and vitality. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.