Capital Bank N.A. is the fifth largest bank headquartered in Maryland, serving our communities since 1999. We offer commercial and consumer banking services to clients in the DC metro area, alongside two nation-wide lending brands; Capital Bank Home Loans and OpenSky, a credit card division that offers and services credit cards across all states.
Come join a bank where our employees thrive and are engaged in meaningful work. For the fourth year in a row, American Banker named Capital Bank one of the “Best Banks to Work For” in the U.S.
- Works closely with Sales Leadership including Head of Commercial Sales and Market Executives to understand challenges they face and help to remove obstacles.
- Develops and refines tools and resources that help bankers be more effective at increasing profitable sales.
- Partners with Marketing to leverage the full extent of marketing capabilities from creating collateral to generating lead lists to helping create networking events to leveraging LinkedIn.
- Supports bankers in lead generation through enhanced approaches to networking to providing lead lists.
- Leads key sales related programs and projects including building our CRM and other workflow management tools.
- Manages ongoing usage and effectiveness of applications, tools, and resources.
- Partners with Product/Solutions team to identify how best to leverage those resources and what training/reinforcement/tools are needed.
- Creates sales reporting based on needs of sales leadership and sales associates – provides data to help empower sales teams to make decisions, track success, analyze trends, and more.
- Presents sales performance data with analysis to sales leadership and other internal stakeholders.
- Acts as a data steward to help ensure data quality and expand how the organization reports on and analyzes the portfolio and performance.
- Works cross-functionally (including with HR) to streamline the sales reporting necessary to calculate commercial sales incentives.
- Understands and seeks to improve Bank processes (such as the end-to-end deposit account opening process and loan application to booking/funding processes) to drive process improvement and efficiency for internal associates and clients.
- Supports sales training efforts through resource development and hosting training sessions.
- Supports efforts to drive towards a consistent sales process.
- Identify and support efforts to share sales best practices across the broader sales team.
- Support Sales Leadership in identifying market opportunities and building out sales specialties.
- Helps shape the agenda for sales meetings and create relevant content.
- Develops and implements robust change management plans on all efforts that touch sales related associates.
- Supports sales leaders in onboarding new sale associates.
- Promotes clear communication to the sales teams and internal partners through frequent contact, including the creation of monthly email newsletters.
- Organizes the annual sales team awards dinner and helps define the award categories so that they align with the bank’s strategy.
- Acts the sales team representative on organizational projects and takes on the role of change champion during implementation.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in related field is required.
- 3+ years of Sales or Sales Enablement experience is strongly desired.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience is strongly desired.
- Experience with sales or sales enablement in a commercial banking or financial services organization
- Experience with leveraging proficiency in Microsoft Excel to create reporting and data analysis.
- Experience with Sisense preferred but not required.
- Experience with Sharepoint preferred but not required.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Excellent management and communication skills to coordinate with clients and stakeholders including the sales team.
- Excellent data management, modeling, and analysis skills.
- Sales or sales enablement experience is strongly desired.
- Experience building and rolling out sales tools is strongly desired.
- Experience with sales processes and creating sales process consistency across sales teams.
- Knowledge of CRM systems is strongly desired.
- Experience developing and maintaining sales reporting is strongly desired.
- Change Management experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of banking product and solutions is strongly desired.
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of marketing is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and professional under deadlines.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of productivity applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to travel within a defined market area
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)