Welcome to the Era of Velsera, a new ‘omics company that begins with the merger of 3 foundational companies - Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec. Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
As the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
, you will report to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and partner with leadership. You will develop and implement a sales strategy with standards of excellence that allow us to further scale our business, engage new market segments, enter new geographies, and secure long-term, high value partnerships. The ideal candidate has the drive and experience to build and lead an effective sales organization, ensuring we deliver predictable growth against bookings and billing targets.
Our Velsera team needs a proactive leader who has demonstrated success with change management, leading through ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environments, managing high-performing teams and solving complex commercial challenges. You will be expected to demonstrate your level of comfort and effectiveness with rapidly growing sales efforts, ground up build of processes; and you must possess first-class analytical, communication and relationship-building skills.What will you do?
What you bring to the table?
- Own the Top Line target, deploying sales business units, driving change in structure or strategy where needed, and ensuring sales organization is optimized for desired results
- Develop, implement and actively manage the Commercial sales strategy working with Product Marketing on the go-to-market strategy; Commercial Marketing on campaigns; L&D on sales methodology and training, and Commercial Operations on commercial systems/infrastructure and performance tracking
- Build a performance-driven sales organization, starting with the sales leadership (direct reports) and cascade through the organization. This will include having the rigor to actively manage low performers for a positive company outcome.
- Establish tactical standards for/with sales leadership – guaranteeing we have and maintain a necessary discipline in forecasting, pipeline management, customer health/growth planning, and business plans
- Monitor industry, team and individual performance - analyzing opportunities and insights and leveraging this information to continually improve sales leadership effectiveness
- Build processes that ensure predictability of performance - pipeline confidence, standard expectations around velocity close, triggers for certain contract values, and strategies to influence solution mix (licensing vs. services)
- Evaluate and drive improvements in customer engagement activities and contracting strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to continuously refine corporate/product messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve bookings/revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of Velsera's key active and prospective customers; build relationships with key thought leaders and act as an executive sponsor of customer accounts to ensure needs are met, business is retained, and customer value grows over time
- Lead by example, leveraging personal and professional networks to bring new logos and partnerships to the table that have measurable (positive) impact on our business.
- Represent the company externally at customer meetings, networking events, conferences, etc. to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimize all business development opportunities.
- 10+ years of proven leadership experience as a Chief Revenue Officer or high-level sales leadership role within Life Sciences; pharmaceutical, health technology or genomics industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience scaling up global sales teams across multiple continents with a track record of implementing successful sales processes.
- Robust network of contacts and decision makers with experience leading/securing multi-million-dollar agreements to achieve/exceed Top Line targets
- High level of self-motivation and demonstrated track record of success/capabilities.
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence to coach and develop new, growing team(s)
- Desire to work collaboratively with others and demonstrate flexibility and poise in dealing with diverse individuals and organizations.
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries, remote work flexibility and excellent benefits for each location. If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!Our core values
. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.Patient focused
. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.Integrity
. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.Curious
. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.Impactful
. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.Velsera Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.