JOB ID: #5057
Senior PPA Sales Operations Manager - Solar PV
Location: Lyon or Toulouse, France
On behalf of our client, a leading IPP in the Solar PV industry, LSP Renewables are recruiting for a Head of Energy Sales Operations to be based in Toulouse or Lyon, France.
Our client develops, finances, builds and operates commercial and utility-scale solar PV projects across Europe, MENA, and APAC, and have successfully delivered over 2,000 solar photovoltaic infrastructure projects.
This is a brand new role within our clients organisation. Reporting to the Group Head of Energy Sales, the role will be responsible for medium and long-term energy sales throughout physical and financial PPAs, hedging mechanisms, and market placement on international energy markets (including carbon credits).
The Energy Sales Operations Manager will be expected to ensure all the operations related to energy offtaking and work in articulation with other business functions, such as Finance and Asset Management, to contribute to the design and deployment of the Energy Sales operations strategy, adjusted to each geography where the Group operates.
The role will also be responsible for the management and development of the Energy Sales Operations team as well as any strategic partners.Key Responsibilities
- Manage trading positions in different ISO markets
- Demonstrated profitable success on power trading
- Develop risk taking skills to include:
- Market making in swaps and futures
- Hedging commodity indices using futures contracts
- Trading relative value pairs
- Corporate/Finance PPAs
- Develop Energy Sales control center and other infrastructures in articulation with Asset Services team
- Create and track market indicators for supporting activities
- Maintaining and updating trading and analysis tools
- Performing ad hoc analysis/research for other traders on desk
- Supporting the Group Energy Sales team in any trading-related activities to ensure traded risk is properly reflected in position and scenario analyses
- Promoting and advising on Energy Sales Operation across the Group
- Coordinate with the Group Asset Services team in the development of digital tools for asset performance optimization
- Experience in a similar role, originating PPAs, energy sales and pricing, power trading, and/or market analysis, ideally in the renewable energy space.
- Degree educated, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics.
- Familiarity with European and international energy markets
- Experience in leading statistical trading analysis.
- A team player and a team motivator with proven ability to build solid relationships and networks across the organization
- Excellent influencing and advisory skills
- Fundamental market modelling experience
- Knowledge of energy digitalization
- Multi-country work experience and with a multicultural mindset