When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We're not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It's in our DNA. We've turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world's largest meat snack business, that's still proudly family owned and operated.
We're a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link's Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snacking Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
The Director of Trade & Channel Planning leads a team focused on delivering the annual sales plan (AOP), trade spending, channel strategy, trade forecasting and sales planning. This individual must possess the ability to make decisions and/or recommendations based on financial analytics as well as grounded in industry/channel expertise. This position is a highly influential role that partners closely with Marketing, Demand Planning, Sales, Sales Finance and Sales Operations. Financial acumen and the ability to work collaboratively with others are imperative in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Preferred
- 5 years of people management
- 10+ years sales/trade experience
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong people management skills to lead and direct a team with vision and purpose
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills in the development of both short & long-term category strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills (specifically able to identify trends, opportunities and business insight)
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization
- Proactive (high sense of urgency) and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment
- Good understanding of retail store merchandising management
- Strong working knowledge of AC Nielsen and Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of co-developing short and long-term category strategies with retailer merchandising teams
- Manage and track overall trade spend, analytics and ROI
- Develop top-down and customer sales and trade spending targets
- Primary linkage between Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning, Sales Operations and Sales Finance to support delivery of the annual operating plan
- Primary liaison on JBP development and customer negotiations
- Identify gaps to AOP and work across the organization to develop action plans and minimize risk to the sales forecast
- Oversee/Support longer term 3 year strategic platforms as they pertain to their cross functional role
- Will manage 4-6 direct reports including covering trade analytics, planning, forecasting, and sales operations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.