Senior eCommerce Sales Operations Associate
Simple Mills is a rapidly-growing company on the forefront of the clean food movement, transforming center store grocery aisles with products made from nutritious, purposeful ingredients. Simple Mills is a female-founded business, started by Katlin Smith in 2012 out of her own Kitchen. In the company’s short history, Simple Mills has disrupted the market to become the #1 bestselling natural baking mix, the #1 bestselling natural cracker, and the #1 bestselling natural cookie.
The company’s mission is to advance the holistic health of the planet and its people by positively impacting the way food is made. Simple Mills is distributed in 25,000+ stores nationally including Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, Kroger, Costco and more, and available online at retailers like Amazon and Thrive Market. The brand’s newest products include: Organic Seed Flour Crackers, Seed & Nut Flour Sweet Thins, and Soft-Baked Almond Flour Bars. Simple Mills has earned broad recognition from top tier media and industry associations- including a segment on our Founder & CEO Katlin Smith on NPR’s How I Built This . Our products have been featured in a wide array of top publications including Vogue, Women's Health, Forbes, Business Insider, mindbodygreen, NOSH and many more. Simple Mills was also a 2020 Health Magazine Snack Award Winner!
The Senior eCommerce Sales Operations Associate will be responsible for online merchandising operations, account management, and sell-ins to drive sales growth and deliver best-in-class brand experience for Simple Mills. This position is both strategic and tactical in scope and requires the ability to act as a sales team liaison, and work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to elevate eCommerce presence.
The position will report to the Director, Sales -eCommerce and responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end ownership and subject matter expert for new item setup and content management across sales channels
- Maximize portfolio availability across online retailers and engage with Operations to troubleshoot, as needed.
- Manage product placement, search, and variation strategies to increase visibility and drive upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Account management and sell-ins for select online retailers, and collaboration on key customer and internal business reviews.
- Identify and analyze relevant KPIs around sales, profitability, brand awareness, ROAS, NTB, glance views, and conversion rates to deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative teams to develop cohesive assets and effective web copy to optimize online presence and consumer engagement.
- Keep sales team informed with regular updates on key retailer content, and search initiatives and insights for shared learning.
- Support education of broader organization on eCommerce industry/customer trends, and best-in-class content and digital shelf performance.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of eCommerce experience, Food & Beverage CPG experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing web analytics tools, Content Management Systems, PIMs (i.e - Syndigo, 1WorldSync, iX-One, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon.com vendor central or seller central preferred.
- Understanding of site search and digital merchandising best practices
- Understanding of share of shelf, share of voice, and digital shelf health and measurement.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and report insights.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and clearly to drive influence.
- Curious learner with passion and enthusiasm about eCommerce and consumer experience
- Self-starter who takes initiative to get things done and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a culture that relies on teamwork and communication.
- A passion for natural food and healthy eating as well as a desire to change the way we think about ingredient labels.
Benefits of Working at Simple Mills
- You will make a huge impact as a key member of an emerging brand that’s changing the way we eat and facing explosive growth.
- Working with a vibrant community of passionate team members that are driven by healthy food that tastes good and fuels your body.
- We strive to foster and embed a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization. We know it is not only critical to the success of diversity initiatives - but instrumental in creating an equitable and inclusive workplace! It also creates a positive employee experience. DEI will remain at the center of our people strategy as grow and scale our organization.
- Our culture is aligned with doing good in the world and we are committed to the environment, fairness to employees and to our customers.
- Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development, with consistent training and multiple forums/platforms to participate in, contribute to and learn from
- Employee benefits include robust Health Benefits packages, 401(k) plan, Unlimited PTO offering, full support for remote work, monthly cell phone/internet stipend, health & wellness stipends, product stipends and many other perks!
Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate. Simple Mills operates with a hybrid model: a balance of in-person and virtual work. Hybrid employees will work from our Chicago, IL office at least once per week. When working remotely, employees must work from a designated location in the United States (the new hire’s permanent residence, as documented in our HR System, Rippling) with sufficient internet access to support video conferencing. Safety protocols in accordance with CDC recommendations are followed.
At Simple Mills, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and inclusion. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present military service, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications. #LI-DNI
Simple Mills is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Simple Mills will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.