See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next VP of Revenue Operations.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.About The Job -
We are looking for an executive in revenue strategy and operations to oversee operations for revenue-oriented functions of the Twilio Data and Applications (TDA) business unit. This global role will provide leadership, direction and execution of the strategic vision of sales methodologies, key processes, technology and the delivery of solution related content/training as well as providing productivity based improvements to the frontline sales teams. You will tackle high priority initiatives critical to scaling TDA, including go-to-market strategy, metrics, processes, and operations. As the leader, you will help set the direction for growing the market leading Customer Data Platform (CDP) solution. The position will report to the President of Twilio Data & Applications.
This position requires exceptional communication skills and a high aptitude for leading through change. Organizational influence skills and the ability to think strategically and lead cross-disciplinary teams. The right candidate will have a proven track record of scaling sales organizations and systematically improving operational effectiveness.
Twilio is looking for the rare leader who lives the Twilio Magic and is able to combine strategic, analytical, big-picture thinking with the ability to drive detailed, operational excellence. This leader must have relevant experience in high-growth and high-scale software or infrastructure environments, and be able to solve new, complex problems from first principles. The right candidate must have a proven track record in building, and managing a world-class global sales or field operations team, with strong domain knowledge around sales processes and metrics.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Own and set the vision for the Revenue Operations function, fostering a culture of collaboration and data-driven decision making, prioritizing an achievable roadmap for each team
- Partner with other executives to formulate and communicate overall go-to-market strategy, both direct and indirect
- Provide GTM teams operational support, including but not limited to annual planning, forecasting, pipeline management, quota & territory management, capacity management, compensation planning, and customer health measurement
- Partner with sales leaders to understand their business, identify knowledge and skills gaps, conduct on-going needs assessments, and deliver targeted programs in coordination with Sales, Marketing, Product, Support and Operations leadership teams
- Be heavily metrics driven: build a robust analytics function that provides comprehensive data backed insights on the business
- Lead projects focused on process definition and refinement, systems implementation, data infrastructure and value-added analytics
- Ensure the right sales enablement is delivered for both new hires and existing customer-facing employees. Monitor, measure, and report sales effectiveness, efficiency and results.
- Experiment often: define success criteria and diligently track performance
- Proactively identify and drive continuous improvements in operational processes and practices across Twilio Data & Applications BU.
- Drive strategic projects with senior leaders across the business such as: developing commercialization models for new products, customer funnel conversion analysis, annual strategy and operational planning processes.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment with go-to-market
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!Required
- 12+ years of work experience in revenue operations, sales operations and/or analytics & planning experience, managing and growing teams; demonstrated ability recruit top talent and managing team growth
- Entrepreneurial, business builder mindset with a track record of operating at an executive level, helping to grow a mission-critical SaaS / Cloud Services product.
- Demonstrable skills in strategic planning and execution of sales initiatives. Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to define solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong Executive presence and ability to influence and work cross-functionally
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, managing, developing and retaining professionals at all levels
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and systems
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting and understand key financial drivers of the business. Deep interest in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Demonstrated success managing operations globally, especially in all major software markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven experience articulating sales & business operations and strategy related concepts to all audiences, including C-level executives and the Board
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control. Proven ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Perpetually curious. A builder at heart
- Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $300,000 - $336,000
- Based in New York, Washington State or California: $300,000 - $336,000
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $300,000 - $336,000
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic . Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positionsTwilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .