Maya HTT is a world leading developer of digital industries software solutions. The world’s top tier engineering and manufacturing organizations rely on Maya’s experience and expertise to achieve the full potential of their software investment. Maya HTT is also a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) for the Siemens Digital Industries Software products, with a focus on CAE-based simulation and providing engineering services, including software training, migration, implementation, and custom development, along with consulting.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst – Sales Operations to join our team at our Montreal office. In this role, you will work closely with our teams in Sales Operations, Finance and Sales to optimize operational efficiency and drive business growth. Reporting to the VP Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst – Sales Operations will play a fundamental role in evaluating current business performance, supporting commercial initiatives, understanding current trade terms agreements and assessing potential impacts on sales and performance targets. The ideal candidate will be professional, detail-oriented, proactive, organized, assertive and comfortable engaging with multiple departments and internal stakeholders.
- Build and foster strong business partnerships with the Sales Operations, Finance and Sales teams, as well as all internal and external departments and stakeholders, to drive business decisions.
- Develop business controls, policies, procedures, and best practices to maximize sales and financial performance.
- Detailed review and approval of all incoming customer purchase orders, associated documentation, and internal database entries to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal guidelines.
- Provide financial support and guidance for structuring new sales arrangements that involve more complex terms, 3rd party partners and any special conditions, in order to ensure consistent and efficient execution.
- Analyze and negotiate payment terms, as well as conduct payment history review and implement credit limits or holds for late paying customers.
- Monitor and manage Maya credit limits with key suppliers, including tracking our available credit and requesting increases when appropriate, acting in a timely manner and troubleshooting as required.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to maintain and improve the sales incentive compensation plans, ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Review monthly commissions calculation to ensure the accuracy of information prepared by the Order Management team.
- Manage process for unusual orders with incomplete documentation; coordination of customers who are asked to prepay due to credit risk and follow-up.
- Manage and review cost of goods sold to ensure that revenues and costs are captured properly in the same month, while reconciling financial data between the sales database and accounting systems as needed.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to track sales performance versus quota and provide regular updates and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Prioritize effectively and support ad-hoc requests and troubleshooting.
Why Maya HTT?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations, or related experience.
- Previous experience as a business partner to Sales teams or in Sales Operations in a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) environment (an asset).
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and provide actionable insights.
- Proven ability to lead and manage process improvement initiatives from ideation to execution.
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Extreme attention to detail and consistently seeks to understand the cause and effect of a situation thoroughly.
- Organized and analytical, with the ability to connect the dots and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Bilingual (French and English), both verbal and written. (More than 80% of our revenue comes from outside of the province of Quebec).
Our Candidate Experience Flow:
- Flex Working Hours and Hybrid Work. Office downtown Montreal, 2-minute walk from Atwater Metro.
- Permanent Position, Competitive Base Salary, Yearly Increase and Bonus.
- 100% Employer-Paid Benefits starting from Day One: medical, dental, life, short/long term disability insurances.
- Career Growth Opportunities: Our flexible career paths allow you to grow, and we like to promote internally.
- Learning Opportunities: Learn from the best in the industry and develop your skills.
- Generous Time-Off Policy: We promote a healthy work-life balance with an excellent and flexible PTO Policy.
- Structured Onboarding Program: We are invested in your success; you will have team members to support you and provide a wide range of assistance from Day One.
- Join an award-winning company that is recognized worldwide as an industry leader.
HR Phone Screen - Virtual Interviews using Microsoft Teams - Job Offer
Maya HTT is an equal opportunity employer and committed to fostering diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.