At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
The Director of Sales Operations is a proactive leader who serves as a strategic partner to the sales leadership team. They are responsible for leading and prioritizing sales initiatives and ensuring investments align with our growth targets, consistently tracking outcomes and identifying risks in plans. This role understands the entire end-to-end sales process, introducing tools and implementing processes that remove points of friction and streamlines activities. They will lead their team in operational excellence and ensure tasks are executed effectively and accurately. This role is a high value-add business partner to Automotive sales, enabling revenue growth and increasing sales productivity by providing effective methodologies, efficient processes, value-added information, and sales tools.
Develop and maintain the Sales plan and meet with the sales leadership team on a regular cadence to ensure we are tracking to target and offering insights on opportunities or potential risks to revenue
- Implement and oversee activities or processes required to drive sales performance while establishing operational excellence in all areas of responsibility and across all functional aspects of the Automotive sales team.
- Perform Return on Investment (ROI) analysis on key initiatives/requests to help guide goals and strategies for Automotive sales team
- Own the end-to-end process and tracking of the sales funnel including the quality of all sales performance metrics
- Work closely with the Senior CRM developer to support, prioritize and implement key initiatives impacting our sales and marketing software platforms
- Measure sales effectiveness and recommend modifications and new initiatives to improve sales efficiencies.
- Operationalize our technologies and ensure integration of our platforms keeping in mind scalability and functionality and drive standardization, automation, and simplification where appropriate.
- Educate and reinforce adoption of our sales processes/tools.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to clarify requests, validate requirements, define, and document business processes.
- Manage daily Sales Operations team responsibilities include hiring, training, and goal setting.
- Work closely with Finance, Product, Marketing and Technology to ensure pricing of products and price increases are executed accurately and effectively.
- Utilize leadership skills to ensure team cohesion, employee engagement, and overall culture.
- Act as an advocate for the sales team by playing a key role in the sales and operations planning process by providing key information and managing communications.
- Scale, grow and inspire the Sales Operations team for future growth
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in business-related discipline
- 10+ years related work experience
- Significant managerial experience in Finance, Sales Strategy & Planning and/or Sales Operations
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop solutions
- Experience in headcount and capacity planning is required
- Experience is sales compensation is required
- Experience creating report automation is required
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, Tableau, Power BI or other CRM/Marketing Automation and reporting tools is required
- An Accounting or PMP designation is preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.