At SBS, our executive team solves complex business problems with creativity and passion, and we’re always ready to learn something new. We seek an experienced Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to join us in this mission, with a focus on strategic planning, sales, marketing, branding, growth, and partnerships. Together with other members of the executive team, the CRO will contribute to and execute on the corporate strategic plan — focusing on the expansion of customer segments and business partnerships — and ultimately strengthening our financial position. The CRO will also be instrumental in creating a strategic plan for increasing revenue streams and exploring opportunities for mergers and acquisitions.
Objectives of this Role
- Partner with senior leadership to execute the current corporate strategic plan and develop additional plans.
- Ensure performance, strategy, and alignment of the company’s revenue-generating departments.
- Coach and professionally develop sales leadership to drive business growth across all customer segments and lead the marketing department for improving strategy and customer experience.
- Collaborate with teams to maximize SBS’s reach and efficiency by adding new, scalable strategic partners.
- Build and foster creative teams that are committed to our culture of innovation, and
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary for sustainable growth.
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive strategies and tactics;
- Remain well-connected with customers and the marketplace to ensure that their needs are being factored into the product development and enhancement cycles.
- Collaborate with the executive, finance, operations, product, and service teams on messaging pricing strategies, and business models for achieving revenue goals.
- Identify and resolve issues across the marketing, sales, and account management teams, and
- Maximize utilization of the SBS’s Customer Relationship Management application (Microsoft Dynamics).
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO.
- Directly oversee sales and marketing while collaborating with the CEO on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term and long term.
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves budget targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Meet with team members regularly to identify challenges, streamline workflows, develop strong leaders, and facilitate information sharing across the organization, and
- Develop regular reporting on sales and revenue projections and communicate operational delivery needs to the executive team.
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Sales Team Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Management
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Eight or more years in diverse leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Significant experience in general management and P&L supervision
- Proven track record of growing revenue through new product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy effectively
- Experience in making decisions based on business metrics
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration or related field
- Mergers and acquisition experience to identify, assess, negotiate, and integrate potential business
- Technical experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Business Central, and other business productivity tools
- Contract negotiation
This position has supervisory responsibility for Sales, Marketing, and for overall SBS revenue generation.
Working Conditions and Location
You will spend most of your time at SBS’s office in Madison, South Dakota with occasional travel away from the office. SBS will consider hybrid remote work options where feasible following the successful completion of the introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position may require work after normal business hours and weekend work as business needs dictate.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Accordingly, the employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.