The IAPP is excited to announce the opening of a new senior leadership position. The IAPP Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is an executive role responsible for revenue generation for the organization. The CRO reports to the CEO and is a member of the IAPP’s Senior Leadership Team. The CRO has direct management responsibility for the IAPP’s direct sales, marketing, and channel/reseller departments and will provide leadership for our digital sales function.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop organizational and revenue growth strategies with the executive team
- Oversee all revenue departments of the IAPP, providing strong leadership and management
- Lead efforts to grow website, direct and partner revenues to individuals and organizations by leveraging the IAPP’s subject matter expertise with new members and deepening engagement with existing members in markets around the world utilizing our content, products, marketing technologies, web presence and member relationships
- Foster a strong connection between marketing and sales via our website, direct and partner channels, including lead development, sales outreach and omnichannel sales.
- Understand the drivers and motivations of individual and organizational customers and use this knowledge to inform all revenue related strategies.
- Drive revenue growth with a strong return on investment through motivation of staff and management of budget
- Grow the revenue pipeline – from leads to sales to enduring relationships -- adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure technology solutions support revenue growth
- Create accountability within revenue functions by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation measures
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from acquisition to engagement to success
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development, Growth and Management
- Build successful strategies to maximize ecommerce revenue
- Collaborate effectively across the IAPP to lead success in strategic initiatives
- Collaborate on IAPP product development strategies, representing the interests and expectations of members and other constituents
Qualities of the CRO:
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Energetic Personality – a motivator
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical, able to navigate in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, and organizing
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Communication Skills – able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly, solid public speaking skills
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
Required skills and qualifications
- Ten or more years in diverse leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Experience leveraging data analytics and marketing & website technologies to attract new customers and drive engagement with existing customers that result in sales via web, direct and partner channels
- Experience with sales into organizational clients and reseller partners
- Experience and comfort with developing and managing relationships in non-US markets and the required travel to do so
- Proven track record of growing revenue through sales leadership, partner development and marketing
- Experience and comfort presenting to and engaging with executive audiences
- Significant experience in general management and P&L supervision
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy effectively
- Strong leadership style and hands-on approach
We have a hybrid work environment and are asking applicants to be within a commutable distance to our Portsmouth, NH office.
About the IAPP
The International Association of Privacy Professionals is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit organization that helps define, promote and improve the privacy profession. More information about the IAPP is available at iapp.org.
What We Offer
Working at the IAPP is an opportunity like no other. In addition to a competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus and a full range of benefits, the IAPP offers a creative, supportive and flexible environment. Other perks include casual dress, a dog-friendly office, summer hours, yoga, bagel Wednesdays, employee appreciation events and sabbaticals after seven years of service. We work in a “get-stuff-done” culture that values fun, excellence, balance, communication, respect, personal and professional growth, and an entrepreneurial attitude. We have been named to Business NH Magazine’s Hall of Fame for “Best Small Companies to Work for in NH.”
Want to be part of our dynamic and rapidly growing organization? View more information about all of our open positions here: IAPP Job Board.