Checkr's mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an individual with a highly collaborative, analytical, and detail-oriented mindset to join the Financial Planning & Strategy team in support of the Pricing function. As an advisor to our Sales team on pricing, products, processes, and policies this role will focus heavily on partnering with our Sales team to strategize and facilitate the close of high-quality deals in terms of pricing governance and profitability. Advising on deals could include margin analysis, developing non-standard terms and deal structures, and providing pricing recommendations based on customer data and insights. This individual will function as a Finance approver for Checkr's Deal Desk, support executive decision making for our largest and most strategic customers and prospects, and act as a facilitator between internal stakeholders including Sales, Revenue Operations, Pricing Strategy, Finance, Accounting, and Legal.
- Analyze deal terms with Sales partners, advise on in-process negotiations, and propose creative solutions to optimize business outcomes
- Gather insights and monitor pricing trends, as well as perform pricing audits and analyzing the impact of pricing changes, to inform go-forward pricing implementation and strategy
- Help set competitive pricing across Checkr's portfolio of products in accordance with pricing strategy to best position the Sales team to successfully close deals
- Approve discounts and promotions, and manage approvals for non-standard terms and conditions
- Provide ad hoc strategic support including competitive pricing analysis, financial modeling, and performance measurement
- Be a creative problem solver who finds ways to meet the needs of the Sales team while adhering to internal controls, processes, and policies
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Economics, or Finance preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in deal desk, pricing, revenue operations, or finance required
- Experience modeling in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with BI and analytical tools such as Looker or Tableau preferred, SQL a plus
- Salesforce experience preferred, with CPQ and/or quoting system experience a plus
- Strong business and commercial acumen, with experience in problem solving and financial analysis, while proactively solving complex and diverse business problems
- Analytical and communication skills and experience influencing across various levels of management
- Previous experience with software, SaaS, or technology company, and experience with usage-based pricing a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr's core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we've made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $94,478 to $196,650.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr's commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.