Who We Are
One Company. Hundreds of Products. Endless Possibilities. Ply Gem is North America's leading manufacturer of exterior building materials, including windows, siding, stone, and 40 other categories. At Ply Gem, we provide the nation's residential builders, remodelers, and architects with access to a comprehensive range of building products. From new construction to repair, remodel and replacement, our full line of building products provide quality and value for all types of projects.
Ply Gem Canada is a growing company in the building products industry backed by Cornerstone Building Brands, providing us with stability and strength in the North American market. Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of vinyl windows in North America with brands you’ve come to know and trust. We have endless building product options from standard to specialty to customized to whatever you’re looking for. But it’s our service capabilities that sets us apart.
At Ply Gem Canada, we strive to produce a continuous stream of market leading products and services. We are creative and seek to recognize, embrace and apply new ideas and commercialize them more quickly than our competitors. We relentlessly seek to raise the bar on our products and services. We establish a reputation for innovation, quality and service that differentiates us from our competitors and enables us to tailor products and services to be the market leader.
Our building solutions are the cornerstone of the communities we serve. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are empowered to make a meaningful impact on our success while pursuing a wide range of opportunities to meet your personal aspirations for development and advancement within a stable, growing Canadian industry leader.
What You Can Expect from our Company
· You will be Part of a Winning Team
· You Can Capitalize on Your Opportunities and Make an Impact
· You Will Be Well Rewarded for Your Contributions to our Success
· You’ll work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in our sector for providing great products and customer service
· Competitive and tangible rewards that provide fair compensation relative to expectations and effort including base earnings, benefits for you and your family, and contributions toward your retirement savings
· Competitive vacation time and flexibility in work schedules and location consistent with your role
· Resources and support to help you manage your personal wellness
What the Company Expects of our Team
· Bring yourself fully to work each day
· Playing your role on the team so together we Win as One
· Welcoming and Driving Change to support our continued evolution
· Help drive the success of our Canadian Business through living our universal core values
· Making an Impact to ensure our continued success
Director Sales Operations
Reports To VP Sales PGC
The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for the overall management of our branch operation, including but not limited to customer service, and branch distribution. The Director of sales operations is the key point of contact as the sales ambassador to manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics. The Director of Sales operations will lead key initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Provide leadership and direction on implementation of effective branch planning to establish annual labor plans and overall expense budget objectives that achieve the highest efficiencies possible (in line with and in support of achieving the sales objectives)
- Work with branch operations leads/managers to ensure a clear understanding of how/where all expenses are derived.
- Liaise with accounting on expense details and other questions related to financial statement performance.
- Provide direction and continuing support toward achieving the objectives outlined in the operational expense budgets.
- Contribute to providing answers, explanations, justification should any cost exceed budget and where necessary and/or possible, establish corrective action plans.
- Establish key branch performance indicators and conduct a monthly review with location leads for each branch under their responsibility.
- Conduct a detailed monthly review of financial statements with each operation manager.
- Establish a summary of key performance indicators for each branch and review monthly with the VP of Sales. A similar overall branch summary will be generated and reviewed as well. Generate and review with VP Sales overall company key service performance indicators.
- Help to identify and develop training programs that optimize employee knowledge, contributing toward the highest efficiencies and performance level possible.
- General best practices
- Assist with creating branch storage and racking layout designs to safely and efficiently optimize space.
- Oversee customer service department; establish key service performance indicators and measure performance.
- Oversee freight and logistics management.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to set direction on branch safety policies and programs. This would include providing help and support to branch operations leaders and staff to ensure there is an understanding and compliance with all safety programs and company policies:
- Monthly branch safety inspections must be completed by designated safety representatives and signed off by the branch manager. A copy of the safety inspections are sent promptly each month to the Director of HR for review.
- First aid training programs must be in place.
- Forklift training must be in place.
- Required PPE’s must be defined and always applied.
- Perform safety audits during visits to each branch.
- Make certain AFE’s are generated for branch expense projects; this will ensure the proper process is followed and proper approvals are received.
- Contribute to providing short and long term planning.
- Travel as necessary
- Establish objectives that contribute toward achieving continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Handle customer escalations.
- University degree in business, with a focus on operations management, with a strong customer first vision.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function or supply chain management position.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Strong knowledge of Shop Edge, as well as Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Frequent travel required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Exposure to distribution environment as well as office environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Ply Gem Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you willing to travel 50% of the time?
- What are your salary expectations for this role (please provide total)?
Work Location: In person