LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC ASSOCIATION
Title: Sales Operations Assistant
Marketing & Communications
Part Time, Hourly (20-25 hours per week)
Summary of the Job:
Provide administrative support for the sales and customer experience operation of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, especially supporting the facility at 2630 Cahuenga East. Tending to the daily departmental needs of the LA Phil sales teams during the winter season at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and summer seasons at the Hollywood Bowl and The Ford. The position requires working flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, at multiple locations to meet department needs.
- General office duties including, but not limited to: placing, receiving, routing phone calls, filing, photocopying, faxing, maintaining files and records, processing department invoices, coordinating department mailings and office supplies, etc.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Director, Sales & Customer Experience, as well as to Associate Director, Sales & Customer Engagement, and Audience Services Manager as needed.
- Support Sales Operations team in support of comp distribution and promotions/discount offer/incentive tracking.
- Act as Operations contact for the 2630 E. Cahuenga building, by coordinating all physical projects with HB Operations staff. This includes assisting vendor, maintenance, and security personnel so that they can complete their projects on site as needed.
- Assist with logistics for presales, on sales, discounts and promotions for Walt Disney Concert Hall, Hollywood Bowl and The Ford events and miscellaneous events as needed.
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing and Philanthropy Departments regarding any operational issues arising for Telesales/Telefunding.
- Accommodate ticket donation requests and confirmations.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive institutional information.
- Other duties as assigned as business needs dictate.
Reports To: Associate
Director, Sales & Customer Engagement
Finance & IT staff
Artistic Planning & Presentations staff
Hollywood Bowl & Music Center staff
- College degree preferred and two years of administrative experience.
- Computer literate, fluent in full Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience with database systems an advantage.
- Able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- A desire to work in the arts and general music knowledge helpful.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills via phone and in person
- Must be positive, hardworking, diplomatic and possess strategic planning skills
- Good team player but also self-motivated, use initiative.
- Ability to perform under stress while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude toward clients and team members.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed
Ability to remain seated at computer for extended periods.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.