Voyage Foods is a food technology company exploring new and natural ways of creating our favorite foods, forever. Building something new is challenging but the results are deliciously rewarding. We’re dedicated to blue sky thinking and aim for the stars. We are foodies, food scientists, and friends of the earth. Together, we’ve made sustainable and scalable alternatives to foods with challenging futures, whether environmental, social or immunological. We are on a mission and looking for new membersto join our Crew and lead Sales Operations.
Sales Operation Managers’ basic mission is to provide exceptional service to our customers, manage new customer set-up and on-going sales lifecycle and execution including; PO processing, order confirmation and delivery. Additionally, this role will help to organize data to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness. The practical role of sales operations varies widely from working cross functionally in the management of our S&OP process to designing CRM (HubSpot) process and dashboards for more prescriptive development of our sales pipeline to management of our price list and product specifications requirements. At its core, the Sales Operations team is charged with making the Sales team more effective in their selling and customer development efforts and delighting our customers by providing exceptional service and communication.
- On-boarding of all new customers including the review of new vendor set up materials and requirements, coordination of all support materials and documentation, management of internal stakeholder feedback requirements and process.
- Manage out-bound freight & delivery requirements for customers and ensure out-bound partners (LTL or otherwise) meet the requirements of the customer. Measure effectiveness, close all delivery / orders.
- EDI set-up and Manage Customer Service Process including receipt of Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Confirmations.
- Maintain good communications with the buyer and resolve customer discrepancies.
- Manage HubSpot maintenance, reporting, adoption and continuous improvement.
- Manage the sales and forecasting annual customer planning process, partner with Sales team to establish sales objectives to accurately predict future revenue performance.
- Manage 3rd party data providers like IX-ONE, Syndigo, 1WorldSync, GDSN and distributor / customer data portals i.e., UNFI Portal, KeHE portal, Target, Kroger, etc.
- Ensure that forecasting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within the company (S&OP Process) [Finance]
- Communicate with internal production and logistics team members to ensure sales plan delivery & update the demand forecast and ensure on-time & accurate delivery or pick-up of customer orders.
- Cross-functional communications with all departments including Operations (PO Management to inform demand), Logistics (PO Confirmations), Sales (communication OOS, Pricing), Accounting (BOL Accuracy), QA (Product Quality, Production Issues), Finance (Revenue Guidance), Marketing (New item set-up), Consumer Relations (ditto).
- Work cross functionally with Operations to drive effectiveness in the support of the scale and growth of our channels by simplifying and streamlining the order processing procedures and requirements while providing exceptional customer service.
- Lead Customer Sales History Data Management requirements for the Sales team to ensure all sales data is clean, accurate and complete, rolled up into reports and dashboards connected to real time business performance and enable sales leaders to respond to market challenges and drive revenue growth.
- Coordinate with Finance and provide the quarterly broker sales commission split process to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Assist partners and distributors in overcoming business challenges, making it easier to do business, close deals, and speed revenue recognition
- Assist sales team to drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across the team, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings
- Work with our cross functional partners (Sales, Operations, Finance, HR, Marketing) to ensure successful commercialization and execution of key projects, while continually identifying opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements
- Develop, manage & report on key revenue and pipeline metrics.
- Bias to action/sense of urgency in the service of customer: Highly motivated and organized self-starter who strives for excellence and thrives in an independent work environment; should also possess strong planning skills and be disciplined in time management.
- Business acumen: Demonstrated business maturity, impeccable personal integrity and a commitment to on-going individual professional development.
- Numbers oriented, analytical and strong business sense
- External / Customer focus. Monitors market/industry conditions, best practices, food trends and competitive intelligence
- Strategic acumen: Ability to think strategically and decisively prioritize competing demands and assess multiple outcomes with limited information
- Builds and motivates Crews: Strong interpersonal & people skills
- Open communicator and collaborator
- Proven track record in sales with an understanding of the strategic approach to long term objectives and business building
- BA in Business or equivalent experience
- Strong strategic, analytical, and solution-oriented skills
- 5 years Sales Operations experience
- Logistics, ERP, and EDI set up experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels & areas of an organization
- Strong computer and analytic skills - Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Crew) and google suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing growth environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Experience in both distributor serviced and direct, route to market solutions a plus