Our Energy Solutions Division is seeking our next Director of Sales Operations. The role is an opportunity to be a part of a targeted growth division for the organization, with significant development in the near future. You'll oversee the sales operations team and report into the vice president, sales for the business unit. The role is based out of our corporate office in Wauwatosa.
Plans, executes and oversees execution of the teams, processes, tools, and technologies that support Sales Operations to achieve revenue, profitability and customer experience objectives. Represents the Energy Solutions business unit to clients, the public, and/or senior management.
- Oversees and manages assigned business growth via the creation of a closed loop lead generation process inclusive of leading the team, implementing technology solutions to drive efficiency and call center management.
- Manages the Sales Operations teams that include: Sales Administration and Analysis, Demand Planning, Lead Generation, Business Systems Support as well as Order to Cash ownership.
- Establishes and executes strategic plans into measurable processes that produce timely, measurable outcomes that will meet the organization's mission and goal.
- Leads management of all sales interfacing systems, improving effectiveness and usability of all tools including but not limited to SAP, CRM, DOMO & BI.
- Partners with major customers and internal stakeholders for continuous improvement of sales processes and product updates.
- Ensures budgets, sets performance goals and schedules to meet business requirements.
- Manages and monitors group analytics and metrics, to report to the executive team.
- Creates lead nurturing strategies and processes to grow sales and dealer base.
- Establishes processes for the team to expand the customer base through market analysis and outbound outreach.
- Participates in strategic and long-term planning for a specified business segment’s sales and marketing plans.
- Collaboratives with Sales and Marketing teams on lead generation initiatives to drive the development of a comprehensive closed loop selling process.
- Performs full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing strategies, financial plans/ targets, sales technology platforms, sales administration and demand planning duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse group of people on all levels in the company as well as the ability to clearly communicate technical information.
- Strong team leader with the ability to evaluate the needs of the organization and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and business control and reporting software (e.g. SAP, SAS).
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in sales operations, customer service, or related field
- Previous leadership and/or management experience required, at least five years preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience
Briggs & Stratton, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, provides innovative products and diverse power solutions to help people get work done. Briggs & Stratton is the world’s largest producer of engines for outdoor power equipment, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lithium-ion battery, standby generator, energy storage system, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Vanguard®, Ferris®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Billy Goat®, Allmand®, SimpliPhi®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in more than 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.