At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilize vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
Axis Mining Technology was acquired by Orica in 2022 and is dedicated in ensuring accuracy & quality when it comes to our range of down-hole instrumentation.
About The Role – 21037 - USA Sales and Operations Manager Axis (United States)
The USA Sales and Operations Manager will be responsible for the company’s business and financial performance throughout the United States.
What you will be doing
Grow Axis’s rental revenues in the Territory:
· Liaise with the Commercial/Business Development Director to establish a relevant, coordinated and effective sales and business development effort
Establish, maintain, and manage operational and technical support to Distributers and clients in to ensure adequate training of distributers staff and assist with their client’s needs where required:
- Liaise with the International Operations Manager & Technical Director to deliver support and training to Axis distributers and customers.
- Perform and or coordinate on-site training where required.
- Source, employ, train, and supervise field technical support staff in support of Axis business.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of calibration facilities and processes.
Oversee all aspects of operations including management of freight, supply, inventories, and asset tracking.
- Liaise with the Office Administrator and International Operations Manager to ensure international, regional, and local shipments are tracked.
- Manage and oversee inventories of products and tools at distributers’ distribution points, performing stock takes on a quarterly basis.
- On an ongoing basis, oversee distributer orders of hardware to ensure inventories are being efficiently utilised; redistribute hardware where required.
Regularly visit Axis Distributers and customers:
- Schedule regular visits to Distributers and Distributers’ customers to offer support and training.
- Attend and assist with organisation of trade shows to support Distributers and Axis direct exhibitions where required.
From time to time the Regional Manager may be called upon to perform other duties and assist with Latin American operations.
What you will bring
- Solid experience with drilling in mining
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology or a similar field of study as it relates to drilling in mining.
- Solid customer service skills
- Solid communication skills at a professional level
· Must be open to traveling up to 60% throughout the United States and Canada
- Strong business management, organizational and customer relationship skills
- Strong sales and business development skills
- Ability to prepare proposals, quotations, and tenders.
- Sound cost management and basic financial knowledge
- Solid understanding of drill-hole survey practices and techniques
- Familiarity with gyroscopic survey systems
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and capacity to work independently.
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- $95,000 - $130,000 annual salary
- 10% annual bonus potential
(Salary to be determined by the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Medical Insurance – Employee pays a monthly premium
- employees enroll in the Medical Plan they are automatically enrolled in our Dental and Vision Plan. If employees do not enroll in Medical, they are not eligible for Dental or Vision
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401k Option with employer match
- 10 paid vacation days per year
- 10 paid sick leave days per year (no carry over)
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible work schedule
Orica is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are a Drug-free workplace.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military, or veteran, marital or disability status.
We have been made aware that some individuals have received scam emails which include false and invalid offers of employment from Orica. Please note that Orica will not offer employment to any candidate without first undertaking a formal application and recruitment process. All candidates are required to actively participate in the recruitment process applicable to the specific role and location where the role is based, prior to any offer of employment being made. Please also be advised that Orica will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes.