Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.About The Role
Sales Strategy & Operations at Motive drives the strategy, execution, and scale of Motive’s revenue growth. Our work is cross-functional and touches nearly every part of our business.
We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Strategy & Ops Manager who will bring innovation, experience, and a fresh perspective to our team. Your ability to think strategically, adapt quickly, and get things done will earn credibility with all levels of the organization. Our mandate is to make the sales motion run more effectively, efficiently, and ultimately drive higher bookings.
In this role your work will bring a data driven perspective to strategy incentives regarding forecasting, pipeline management, and other sales efficiency metrics. You’ll collaborate closely with the Sales team, Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales Engineering and Enterprise Systems.What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Be a trusted partner and advisor to our enterprise sales leadership team
- Drive workflow improvement to reduce the friction that AEs, Managers, and Leadership feel on a day-to-day basis
- Develop analytical tools that help the sales team to sell strategically and better-understand their business
- Be the glue that connects sales reps to the rest of the business
- Relay insights from the sales team to other parts of the org, provide the sales perspective to these other stakeholders, and make connections between the sales team and other teams
- Scope and execute analytical special projects that help us better understand our business and what drives success. Apply these learnings to drive operational changes in the business
- Core Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience with previous Enterprise Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a plus
- Previous experience with Salesforce, ZoomInfo, Forecasting Solutions, etc.
- Understanding of how SFDC applications integrate with each other and how to enable sales on new tools
- Ability to quickly structure analyses and answer key business questions to drive decision-making.
- Excel skills are a must, SQL experience a plus
- You take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance. You’re excited by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and generating buy-in with senior leadership
- Process and Operational Thinking:
- You can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences
- We are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish
- Communication and stakeholder management:
- You'll need to be able to connect with Account Executive and Sales Engineers to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- You manage change and ambiguity well and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
For This Role, The Compensation Ranges Are
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range.
San Francisco, California
U.S. metropolitan areas: Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City Area, Seattle, Washington D.C.
Other locations in the United States
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.