We are an innovative data and technology consultancy, proudly awarded the coveted Megabuyte Best Enterprise Software Award, in recognition for our outstanding organic growth in recent years. We work with our customers to solve some of their toughest data challenges, and help them make better, faster, and more informed decisions. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success.
We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment across the board.
The Sales Operations Manager will liaise with the CEO, in their capacity as Sales Director, to ensure that the sales team are following the company’s sales strategy and to ensure that the CEO is engaged with the sales process where he is best able to add maximum benefit and impact. You will regularly engage with individual members of the sales team and with the sales team as a collective in order that the sales processes and practices are adhered to and in order that the sales activities are undertaken efficiently and professionally at all times.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Envitia’s sales process is maintained and under a continuous improvement approach. You will in addition be responsible for ensuring that high-quality proposals are issued in line with customer requirements and will own and manage the bid process. You will also liaise closely with the COO and Resourcing Manager to help to ensure that the need for resources necessary to deliver the expected sales are identified at the earliest point in time possible.
You will ensure that the sales pipeline is regularly updated and provide input into the company’s business forecast. To that end, you will be responsible for maintaining the CRM as the authoritative source of data that drives the company’s forecasting models.
- Liaise regularly with the CEO, in his capacity as the Sales Director, to ensure that the sales team remain aligned with the company’s strategy and to ensure that the CEO’s involvement in sales opportunities is prioritized appropriately
- Ensure that the sales team are individually and collectively operating effectively
- Ensure that the sales process is rigorously followed by all members of the sales team
- Ensure that the CRM is updated at least weekly
- Ensure that the sales pipeline is maintained at all times
- Provide regular input in to the company’s business forecast
- Ensure that high quality proposals are issued according to the company process and in line with customer requirements
- Liaise closely with the COO and Recruitment Manager in relation to the resources needed to deliver against the sales forecast
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure that the sales and marketing activities are closely aligned
- Identify where concerns may exist around the sales pipeline or around the company’s ability to deliver against the sales pipeline and escalate where necessary
- Ensure that the sales process remains efficient and undergoes a continuous improvement approach
- Own and manage the bid process following current policy, implementing a continuous improvement approach as required
- Maintain and update, as required, Envitia’s sales policies and processes to ensure that the business remains competitive and remains fully focused on meeting the needs of Envitia’s customers
- Maintain the highest standard of professional reputation and promote a strong and positive image of the company
- In liaison with the CEO, establish annual sales targets and commission plans
- Liaise with the finance team to establish the sales team commissions on a monthly basis
Measures of Success:
- The sales team are fully enabled to meet their personal targets
- The sales pipeline is up to date at all times
- The required input in to the company’s forecast process is provided in a timely manner
- The required input in to the company’s resourcing process is provided in a timely manner
- Proposals are issued according to company processes and in line with customer requirements
- Monthly meetings are held with each member of the sales team and the team collectively
- Positive feedback is received from the CEO, COO, Recruitment manager and members of the sales team
- All relevant processes and procedures are reviewed and updated, where required, on an annual basis
- Anticipated resource requirements are identified and communicated in a timely manner
The individual appointed will have:
- A proven track record in working with high performing sales individuals
- Good knowledge of working within a professional sales environment
- Proven leadership experience with exceptional leadership qualities and a strong desire to further develop their career
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to rapidly build relationships across the business
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a business with a fast-changing, collaborative, culture
- Strong commercial awareness
- A background in technology or defence sectors is preferred
- A continuous improvement approach
- A natural team player ethos
The appointed Individual should:
- Have a successful and demonstrable track record within a technical services business
- Have at least 3 years experience in a similar role
What we offer you:
- Competitive Base salary reviewed quarterly throughout the year
- Learning and development support (training days, exam funding, and professional memberships)
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies (such as Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
- Subsidised Monthly Gym Membership
- Life Assurance 4 x your annual salary
- BUPA Private Healthcare scheme
- Employee Benefits Platform – Perkbox subscription
- Birthday off (in addition to 25 days holiday)
Regular attendance (typically 1 to 2 days per week) in Horsham, West Sussex.
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history, and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.