Sales Ops Analyst
Who are we?
Vanilla Steel is a digital B2B platform serving the European metal industry with data and innovation and the mission of simplifying how steel and other metals are traded today. www.vanillasteel.com.
We are a team of passionate tech entrepreneurs that combine more than 50 years of digital experiences with a passion for solving existing challenges through digitization.
It is an exciting time to join Vanilla Steel as we raised Pre-Seed and Seed financing from some of the best European VCs to grow our team and expand our business.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who wants to join an exciting early stage start-up in its growth phase as a Sales Ops Analyst to work closely with our senior management and a highly motivated team.
This 6-month internship is based in Berlin and will lead to full-time employment depending on the performance of the individual.
What are your responsibilities?
As Sales Ops Intern , your responsibilities will be to support the Vanilla Steel sales teams in their objectives of growing the business as well as building sustainable and profitable operations. You will be exposed to a broad range of areas of the company that will evolve in parallel with the needs of Vanilla Steel. Your first tasks will be to:
- Support Vanilla Steel in their sales activity (pre-qualification of leads, preparation of meetings, market research etc.) across all our European markets
- Support on administrative day-to-day tasks (invoicing, internal documentation, etc)
- Structure sales operations and processes (customer database, customer onboarding, CRM reporting)
- Perform outbound prospecting to companies via email, social selling tools (LinkedIn) and cold calls etc.
- Support operational activities of the trading platform (prepare transactional data and order confirmations)
- Analyze, automate and report on operational processes to increase efficiencies and scalability
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Recent grad or working towards a degree in a Business-related program
- Strong quantitative skills, structured thinking and hands-on attitude
- Proficient in using large databases (Google-Suite, CRMs and LinkedIn)
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- A self-starter with a track record of achievements
- Ambitious, results-oriented and target-driven mentality
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English and additional European language (German or Italian especially) as mother tongue would be a plus
- First hand experience with an exciting Berlin tech startup on a steep growth curve
- Work closely with an experienced team, keen to train and invest on you
- Fast-paced environment and strong company culture for high performing individuals
- Unrivaled autonomy and ownership on projects
- Open and fun shared working environment/culture
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to grow and to receive full time offer at the end of internship