At Lotus Foods we’re committed to Changing the Way Rice is Grown Around The World. This ambitious mission inspires us to create delicious and innovative rice products crafted from organic, heirloom varieties of rice grown around the world that improve farming communities, human health and the health of our planet. As a small company with an ambitious mission we believe in teamwork, entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, tenacity and making nutritious food more accessible to everyone.
About the Position
The Sales Operations Specialist is a key member of the operations team supporting customers with order fulfillment needs. This role supports Finance, Operations and Sales by ensuring accurate and timely processing of customer orders (manual and EDI), enabling efficient order processing from receipt to final shipping from the warehouse. This individual is the key customer contact for confirming orders, coordinating returns and miss-ships, and troubleshooting and resolving any order issues.
This individual is responsible for excellent customer service and supply chain compliance through effective order management (including order accuracy and on-time delivery), proactive communication and problem solving, logistics, execution, and collaboration with Lotus Foods cross-functional teams (including Sales Team, Sales Brokers, Logistics and Distribution/3PL).
- 3+ years of order entry, customer service and/or sales support experience.
- 2+ years with sales operations including order fulfillment experience with order processing and/or data entry for a consumer products company
- Intermediate MS Office skills – especially Excel. (pivot tables, vlookup, etc)
- Understands order entry systems, deductions, miss-ships and high quality sales support systems.
- Previous experience with EDI strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the CPG industry preferred.
- Experience working with an ERP system required, Netsuite a plus
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Exceptionally organized, responsible, and dependable with an ownership mentality and a proactive mindset
- Energetic, positive team player who is excited and comfortable in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-paced and growing environment
- A passion for helping customers – both internal and external
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Experience in the food industry, natural/organic products industry is a definite plus.
- Background handling quality control issues a plus.
- Clearly communicates with internal and external customers, always representing Lotus Foods in a professional, friendly and helpful manner.
- Works well in a frequently interrupted, short deadline environment while giving courteous support for customer’s immediate needs.
- Receive and review incoming customer Purchase Orders and prepare them for accurate entry into Lotus Foods system: verify pricing and promotion requests, work with customer/sales account manager to resolve any inaccuracies, and verify all revised POs once received from the customer.
- Enter orders accurately and on time to meet order lead time and requested pickup dates.
- Manage allocation report and process for all low inventory items.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documents for Military, Prepaid and Canada orders
- Receive and process customer claims for miss-ships, damaged goods and freight claims.
- Coordinate with customers and warehouse on meeting lead times and freight requirements by creating an Open order report
- Partner with freight brokers to manage freight quotes/bookings/invoicing for smaller accounts
- Provide customers with information regarding product availability dates on out-of-stocks, price changes and new/discontinued items.
- Coordinate EDI orders: Prepare and send order acknowledgement for current EDI customers and arrange set up of new EDI customers.
- Create reports to detail order quantity, order status, OOS, and overall customer service levels on a consistent basis
- Troubleshoot directly with customers, outside sales, and brokers on any order issues
- Assist with ERP implementation, and utilize the system for communication and order acknowledgement after Go Live
- Identify and implement improvements in current workflows and processes that can help improve efficiency and visibility
- Assist with onboarding new customers including reviewing routing guides and communicating pertinent information to appropriate depts
- Ensure customer SOP’s are current and up-to-date
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
$60K-78K (depending upon skills and location)
Lotus Foods provides comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance as well as 401K with employer contribution.