Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Market Performance Partnerships Growth team leads partnership development efforts with prospective health system clients to assess the financial value and operational delivery risk of a partnership with Optum. Our goal is to convert sales prospects into revenue generating partnerships utilizing broader Optum’s solutions to make the health system work better for everyone. We work closely with the initial sales/origination team, senior leadership, solution design, transition readiness, and business units throughout the organization to ensure collaboration and process optimization for the entirety of the sales cycle.
The Manager, Sales Operations will be responsible for end-to-end orchestration of Market Performance Partnership (MPP) sales pursuits, including targeting & origination, discovery, diligence, and solution design. You will work closely with the pursuit sales leader and solution architect, supporting them through the operational execution of the sales process and ensuring that all internal processes and governance activities are followed. In this fast-paced role you will need to coordinate and harmonize large teams from multiple functional areas towards a common goal, drive consensus and lead through influence, and work independently to deliver high quality results in short timeframes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Day-to-day pursuit management activities including status reporting, risk management and mitigation strategies, project plan development and execution, and cross-functional dependencies identification
- Partner with deal lead and solution architect to craft polished and executive-ready deliverables that succinctly and impactfully summarize our value story
- Support appropriate resource allocation and track budget adherence
- client event planning and logistics
- Serve as conduit between the pursuit teams and the MPP Deal Desk, ensuring adherence to standard processes and appropriate internal governance procedures
- Organize and prepare materials for internal pursuit strategy sessions
- Drive methodology development and automation initiatives that aid in process efficiency, improve win rates and shorten sales cycle
- 3+ years of experience in managing highly complex, cross-functional projects
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, executive presence and experience influencing diverse stakeholders in leadership and SME positions
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: revenue cycle management, population health, healthcare consulting, M&A, corporate finance, healthcare strategy.
- Proven track-record of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders (peers, senior leaders and clients)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4-year college degree
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
- MBA or MHA
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® or similar certification
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or similar experience
- Smartsheet platform developer experience
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and frequent change in direction
- Exemplify Optum’s values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance across all activities
- Appetite for tackling the demands of a high-performance environment
- Ability to support work associated with multiple concurrent pursuits
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.