Why you should join us:
At Sound Agriculture, we believe our food system can nourish consumers while benefiting farming communities and the planet. Through a deeper understanding of plant and microbial biology, we are leveraging the natural power of plants to make agriculture more agile and resilient. Our work focuses on developing nutrient efficiency products and modernizing plant breeding to improve the way we farm and the food we eat.
Sound is a Series Dstartup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture including Leaps by Bayer, Syngenta Group Ventures, S2G Ventures, BMO Impact Investment Fund, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Fall Line Capital, Cavallo Ventures, FootPrint Coalition and Northpond Ventures.
What you'll do:
We are hiring a Director, Revenue Operations to build and scale our sales, marketing and customer experience operations in order to help us meet the growth objectives of our flagship nutrient efficiency product line, SOURCE. The Director, Revenue Operations is a critical addition to the company's commercial leadership team owning all revenue-related systems, data and analysis for the company. This role works closely with Sales, Agronomy, Customer Experience and Marketing leaders and their teams to drive revenue and retention for the company through streamlined work-flow systems, software integrations and data-based insights.
This role assumes immediate leadership of an existing team of 2-3. The Director, Revenue Operations reports to the Vice President, Sales and can be based in the Bay Area or remote.
$155,000 to $165,000, bonus target 20%
Bonuses are earned based on annual company and individual performance and are prorated based on start date.
Sound reserves the ability to adjust the compensation range based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, and geography. In addition to on target earnings, we offer above average equity grants for the industry as we believe that every employee should have a stake in the company's growth. If you're above this compensation target, we encourage you to reach out and discuss the entire package and opportunity before deciding not to pursue this position.
- Lead and develop Sound's vision, strategy and tactical focus for Revenue operations while fostering learning and motivation of employees
- Partner with Sales leadership to build simple but powerful processes, sales strategies, training and tools with a focus on sales productivity, scalability and automation
- Implement and improve existing sales enablement technologies such as Salesforce, ZenDesk, and Tableau and partner with commercialSales and Marketing leadership to optimize the effectiveness of our tech stack
- Work with outside software development vendors to build data integrations across our software stack, including CRM, ERP and revenue management solutions
- Coordinate sales and financial forecasting processes with Sales and Finance leaders
- Proactively monitor the quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the revenue functions, without bottlenecks or process inconsistencies
- Monitor the accuracy and efficiency of Salesforce data fields and distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the Sales team
- Assist in vendor management, quoting, issuing contracts, and system compliance
Targeted Skills & Experience
- Experience with increasing levels of responsibility in Sales Operations, Marketing Operations, Finance and or Strategy, including leadership of a team
- Deep experience and expertise in Salesforce platform, Salesforce integrations (such as Chargebee and Zendesk), LinkedIn, data cleaning tools and marketing system integrations
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to create and scale repeatable teams and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to navigate through complex and ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to gather information, analyze data and processes, and drive solutions cross-functionally
- Strong familiarity with implementing sales processes, especially solution-selling
- Experience with setting up and managing a deal desk - applying pricing structures and models, RFPs, SOWs, MSAs, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with experience delivering presentations to an executive audience
- Strong working knowledge of Google Workspace, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom or similar tools
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; Sound is a high-growth, VC-backed startup looking for folks who are driven by a sustainable mission and want to create the future of agriculture!
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: Continuously challenging the status quo in our sales processes and operating procedures to make them more efficient and scalable.
- Ownership: Building new sales processes and SOPs proactively and keeping existing resources updated on an ongoing basis. Updating sales plans and quotas immediately after changes are made and delivering commissions payments on time.
- Creativity: Applying new methods to analyze our data and make use of it in the sales process.
- Tenacity: Working through challenges with urgency while adapting to evolving business needs.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive total rewards package, including equity
- Performance bonus structure or uncapped commission plan for sales positions
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Mental health and wellbeing benefits
- In-person and virtual events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!) (e.g. First Fridays, Meditation, Potlucks, Cultural Events, Running and Climbing groups, Photo Contests, weekly Team lunch, etc.)
Sound Agriculture does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies responding to job postings. We will not respond to unsolicited requests to submit candidates.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.