Cutting-edge, scale-up company with a start-up mindset which innovates in the energy industry headquartered in Dublin, IRL with offices in Cork, IRL, London, UK, and Houston, USA. We are currently looking for a Sales Operations Manager for our Houston TX location.
Using Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and advanced data modelling, we provide Intelligent Energy-As-A-Service to tackle the challenges businesses face as they move towards a Net Zero carbon future. Our multi-award-winning AI “Point” Platform allows businesses to control demand response participation, energy performance, markets and costs.
We are already the leaders in the UK & Ireland and are now entering new markets, expanding our geographic footprint. Our foundations are strong. On-going investment in development and innovation are cornerstones of our business. It’s what sets us apart.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the revolution to address today’s energy challenges. You have the chance to join a growing team, leading the Smart Energy sector. An ability to work autonomously and to think creatively is therefore required to tackle new challenges and to support long term, sustainable growth.
What are we looking for:
- Leading the analysis and supporting the development of strategic commercial propositions in order to sell Demand Response & Ancillary Service programmes to large energy consumers in the USA.
- Managing time between market analysis and delivery effectively to keep on top of new top funnel and pipeline activity.
- Supporting and progressing the development of market solutions in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Building and developing strategic analysis of the target market and sectors and delivering propositions based on this analysis.
- Delivering the output of market and customer analysis to the Regional Directors (RDs) & Strategic Acc. Directors (SADs) to ensure that they fully understand the opportunity and any sector/customer specific knowledge to support their engagement.
- Support SADs with Strategic Account Plan development & analysis
- Support development of Strategic Engagement Plans with RDs
- Make yourself available to support key strategic meetings and webinars, ensuring regular 1-2-1s with the external sales team to ensure strong maintained relationships.
- Ensure CRM system is fully updated and all information pertaining to sales leads and activity is entered at least weekly.
- Lead territory planning calls and weekly sales reviews from CRM database evaluating sales data and outputs from activity entered into the CRM system.
- Liaise with salespeople to ensure all data and change of status regarding pipeline is captured and accurate on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all monthly sales review material is in place for Senior Mgmt team to evaluate at monthly sales review.
- Perform market and competitor analysis on a regular (at least once a month) basis at a Country level and report findings to VP North America & Head of Marketing.
- Be prepared to support ad hoc reporting and analysis for VP North America as business pressures require it.
- Identifying opportunities to create additional cross-offerings and synergies based on client/industry demand.
- Identifying funding opportunities and completing the documentation to acquire it.
- Support the Partnership Managers in developing and managing key partnerships with major utilities, battery/renewable developers, gas generation/CHP manufacturers.
- Organize projects & tenders, monitor progress and assess & manage the risks.
- Support SADs/RDs in developing and managing opportunities that come from referral/partner channels including tracking individual partnership pipelines.
- Support Markets Managers with operational deployment and other regulatory analysis that may be required, acting as a key bridge between a) the sales and installation teams and b) the markets managers by facilitating any necessary administrative procedures.
- Providing market forecasting to support the company’s successful growth strategy in the USA
- Leading the presales team including recruitment and training of new team members, weekly reviews of activities, and ensuring team performance/aligning team objectives with that of the business.
What you will have
- Previous experience and knowledge of the PJM and/or ERCOT power markets.
- A strong sales/business development background with an ability to apply business development techniques to develop and shape long-term opportunities to point of sale
- Use of CRM and database management
- Confident use and demonstration of spread sheet interrogation and production of high quality datasets and slide decks.
- Ability to manage and forecast sales cycles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to confidently present sophisticated/technical concepts/outcomes to a wide variety of stakeholders including engineers, managers and directors.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, master’s degree preferable though not essential.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- High levels of integrity and self-reliance, demonstrating knowledge of industry best practices
- Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
- First rate customer management skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
Company Vision & Mission
Our vision is to build a shared energy economy that delivers sustainability, resilience, affordability and adaptability through collaboration.
A smart, flexible system that makes the best use of all the energy sources available will enable us to meet our customers’ needs in a balanced, efficient and economical way.
Our mission is to enable grid operators to integrate intermittent energy sources such as wind and solar by giving agility to the ageing power grid.
Benefits / Perks
- Salary: Competitive
- Benefits such as –
- 5% pension upon commencement of employment
- 14 days Annual leave
- Duration: Indefinite duration
- Type: Full time
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Employee Referrals Bonuses
- Work/Life Balance