Vention helps some of the most innovative manufacturing companies automate their production floor in just a few days. Vention's online-first manufacturing automation platform (MAP) enables its clients to design, automate, order, and deploy manufacturing equipment directly from their web browser.
Vention is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with offices in Berlin and Boston, and is used in over 3,000 factories on 5 continents. In May 2022, with 300 employees (and growing), Vention announced the closing of US$95M in Series C financing, which will be used to grow Vention's go-to-market strategy, expand the company's global distribution footprint, and accelerate the development of its hardware and software platform.
We are looking for a sales operations manager to join the sales team that is responsible for working with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and improve existing GTM sales and marketing levers leveraged in the growth strategy. You will influence existing and future plans and playbooks with your data analysis, insights, and visualization to deliver strategic recommendations on our sales motions and improvements. We’re looking for a data & process-driven individual who has extraordinary attention to detail and a track record of analytical problem-solving. You are confident and humble at the same time; proactive and action oriented; you are a bit of a data nerd and relish the chance to work with leaders from across the business.
Role And Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CRO, CGO and sales leadership on an array of business initiatives, spanning go-to-market, strategy, operations, finance, organizational design and HR.
- Work on a project basis to develop solutions to complex business problems, leveraging advanced analytics, strategic thinking, and market research
- Support existing sales teams of Vention on mission critical mandates, helping them reaching strong business solutions faster
- Participate in formal and informal end-of-day brainstorm with the CRO, to reflect on emerging priorities, align on next step and adjust business direction as needed
- Work closely with sales and marketing leadership, bringing an analytical lens to complex business problems
- Act as the analytical authority within the sales organization, driving analyses ranging from Account Executive productivity performance; ramp-up effectiveness to funnel optimization
- Build, improve and maintain the reporting infrastructure of the GTM team, including performance metrics and accuracy of forecasted results.
- Maintain intelligence on funnel performance and provide insight to optimize areas such as velocity, conversion and growth
- Drive the reporting operating rhythm across various channels (ExCo, MBR, QBR etc.)
- Partake in the "Analytics Center of Excellence" of Vention, collaborating closely with other analysts across functions (i.e., supply chain, sales, product, data science, marketing, etc.)
- Use insights and findings from data analysis to build a narrative that accelerates growth and momentum in the business and GTM functions.
- Drive together with the CRO, the annual planning cycle to include, goal setting, team organization and compensation design and deployment.
- A confident, proactive communicator, capable of identifying opportunities to solve problems, bring solutions and make us better.
- A self starter, who is highly motivated, full of confidence and deeply team oriented
- Proven experience in a sales operations leadership role, including 3-5 years of experience in a high growth environment in sales/revenue operations.
- Very strong attention to detail, experience developing processes to remove human error.
- Proven expertise with productivity tool including Excel, Powerpoint, Google docs, Power BI and Salesforce.com certifications
- Proficient in SQL and quantitative analysis, you can deep dive into large amounts of data, draw meaningful insights, dissect business issues and draw actionable conclusions.
- Outcome-driven approach to developing recommendations and demonstrated ability to develop a story and execution plan to support our goals and objectives.
- Exceptional communication (listening, written, and oral) skills with the ability to present findings and recommendations targeted to the audience in question.
- A drive to understand the core issues along with the determination to uncover the solution.
- Excels at dealing with ambiguity and change management.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.