The Director, Sales Operations is responsible for leading Sumo Logic's global revenue operations. These functions include, but are not limited to, partnering with Sales Leadership, headcount and capacity planning, territory planning, quota setting/compensation design, forecasting and general reporting and insights, and setting policies and policy adherence. This person must be a hands-on leader that embraces and drives change to ensure productivity and efficiency across our sales organization.
- Drive strategic programs with strong collaboration with Sales, Channel, Finance,
Marketing & Legal Teams. Builds peer support and strong relationships with
cross-functional key leaders.
- Lead global sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the
sales organization. Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for
sales organization effectiveness. Ensures that a robust management operating
system exists, including key business metrics and trends that support the
- Support the equitable assignment of sales team quotas and ensures quotas are
optimally allocated to all resources. Builds the sales incentive compensation
design process. Provides input to senior leadership in the development of the
incentive compensation programs. Engages with Accounting, Finance, and People
Operations, to help when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales
compensation program policies and procedures.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and
process consistency in the sales organization’s planning & reporting efforts.
Coordinates planning & reporting activities with other functions and
stakeholders. Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and
other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to
existing reports and assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Initiate and identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely
with sales leadership to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities
for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process
bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process
- Implement enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors
the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for
maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the
effectiveness of the company’s technology investments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Related Field or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience in driving sales performance, with relevant Global Sales
Operations, Sales Management, Channel Sales/Operations, Finance, Accounting,
& Compensation Management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in leading, managing, and mentoring teams within Sales
- 5+ years’ experience working in CRM tools, specifically Salesforce. Solid system
and data flow knowledge; including learning new flows and technologies
- Demonstrate proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives. Strong
planning, financial, excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and analytical
skills, with proven ability to apply these skills with business acumen to complex
- Demonstrate achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the team supported.
- Proven expertise in developing and utilizing a management operating system to drive sales performance. Includes delivering on-time implementation of sales organization quotas, compensation plans, and performance objectives.
- Experience driving process improvements & thorough implementation of sales team-impacting strategic initiatives.
- Ability to manage projects with multiple tracks as a high-energy leader
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to quality and must be results driven and customer focused.
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, high-energy environment, armed with the prioritization skills to evaluate rapidly emerging opportunities.
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- First class people skills.
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $172,000 - $195,000. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible to participate in our bonus or commission plans, as well as our benefits offerings, and equity awards.