Winning the race to bring new healthcare products safely to a waiting world drives Rapid Micro Biosystems (RMB) to combine today’s innovative technologies as never before. Your career at RMB puts you at the center of diverse global teams that span robotics, AI, Machine Learning, imaging, microbiology, and more, re-shaping how urgently needed pharmaceuticals are made, tested, and released for decades to come. The sky’s the limit.
Careers at RMB are fast-moving, with the high growth you’d expect from a world leader in microbiology automation. Advancement at RMB affords an opportunity to achieve your personal goals and develop your passions, in an inclusive environment where every employee has the resources and opportunities to hone their skills. You’ll do more, learn more, and have the ability to make a profound impact on our business.
The Director of Global Sales Operations will be directly responsible for strategic operational programs to drive forecast accuracy, sales productivity, and efficiencies for the global sales organization. This position will interact at all levels of the organization and will have a key leadership role working with cross-functional stakeholders. The Director, Sales Operations will drive sales optimization through the development and management of all commercial reporting and analytics, sales forecasting, territory planning, incentive planning, sales process mapping, and budget management.
The ideal candidate will have significant sales operations and analytics experience. Qualified candidates will have experience building and scaling Sales Operations in a high-growth environment.Responsibilities Include
- Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes, establishing a high level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Facilitate pipeline review and create standardized leading indicators and metrics (standardized) that can be acted upon to improve overall sales performance.
- Be an advocate of the field and champion an “easy to do business with” approach; drive continuous improvement on all related sales processes, documents, and tools to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of commercial processes.
- Coordinate sales process improvement and create visibility into the sales process which will result in forecast accuracy.
- Partnering closely with Finance and other functions to create cross-functional alignment, understanding of sales forecast, and commercial execution.
- Manage territory planning and sales resources optimization.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions; advise and drive sales quota setting process.
- Provide guidance, insight, and recommendations to the leadership team focused on increased revenue growth while improving overall sales team performance and effectiveness.
- Oversee and administer variable incentive compensation plans.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance and HR teams to establish rules, policies, and procedures related to sales compensation programs.
- Support sales strategy and enablement initiatives around sales process and methodology focused on improving productivity, win rates, and visibility, and tracking performance against goals.
- Assists with transition and planning of new sales team members and on-boarding process.
- Ensure sales team readiness and operational process as it relates to new product/feature rollouts: capabilities, sales strategy, goals.
- Identify areas for improvement, and design and facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, finance, product, and business analytics teams to solve complex business problems and drive strategic planning.
- Responsible for leading short-term and long-term planning operating mechanisms that drive continuous improvement and growth strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Management, Marketing, Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in an analytical leadership role and providing strategic guidance and operational oversight in Sales Operations within a software sales environment; MBA a plus. Sales experience is a strong benefit.
- Demonstrated ability to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to problem-solve.
- Quick learner, curious and strong analytical skills; ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights, and sound decision-making skills.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, generate and evaluate creative solutions, implement fact-based resolutions quickly and effectively to drive productivity.
- Strong communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with team members, customers and building influential relationships with partners in the business.