Who are we?
Welcome to the era of Velsera! Seven Bridges, Pierian & UgenTec have combined to become Velsera.
Velsera is the precision engine company. We empower researchers, scientists, and clinicians to drive precision R&D, expand access to, and more effectively leverage analytics at the point of care.
We unify technology-enabled solutions and scientific expertise to enable a continuous flow of knowledge across the global healthcare ecosystem. This interweaves diverse biomedical communities, allowing them to build upon each other’s success and accelerate medical breakthroughs that positively impact human health. With our headquarters in Boston, MA we are rapidly growing and expanding our team which currently has over 800 employees located in 14 different countries!
The Sales Operations Manager is expected to evaluate and identify market and commercial trends by analyzing industry data and converting that data into actionable insights. Data will be sourced from within the company and from outside sources; collected, examined, and organized to create coherent, intelligent reports and content for teams across the company at a standard cadence. The role will work in tandem with the commercial systems manager, maintaining close alignment on systems and process developments which may impact sales insights, reporting or commercial effectiveness.
What will you do?
- Leadership of the Data Operations function through; day to day management, recruitment, training, and team development
- Support the annual sales model assessment and manage the overall sales planning process; help to set the right sales targets for each quota owner by provide supporting market and sales data, and ensure all targets tie to business unit and top line target by quarter
- Directly responsible for maintaining and administering incentive plan documents, calculations and assisting with relevant enquiries.
- Build necessary tools and reports to ensure performance and customer health is predictable and reporting offers critical data and insights into business; tools may include business review templates, pipeline reports, performance reports at the customer, territory, manager or business unit level.
- Proactively all day-to-day sales processes and deliverables, including data quality, client ownership, ad hoc data requests, and reporting in a timely and thorough manner
- Develop and utilize proactive, early indicator reporting metrics to communicate sales performance risks or opportunities to senior management
- Work with cross-functional teams, including business partners, members of the IT and marketing to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the commercial organization
- Provide support for other sales initiatives as needed, including ad hoc requests and special projects
- Build credibility by assessing, reviewing, and evaluating detailed/complex information and situations, to deliver evidence-based arguments and articulate clear, relevant business ideas, proposals, and arguments
- Assist with the preparation of presentations to senior leaders.
- Support sales leaders with sales reporting and other analytics as needed; includes developing a standard process for consolidation and reporting of results for all sales teams
- Contribute to SFDC and commercial project initiatives, with a constant focus on improving reporting of commercial data, and maintaining a close focus on increased sales effectiveness
What do you bring to the table?
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related experience/field
- Experience designing, deploying and managing bottoms-up build to top line targets, sales quotas, incentive compensation plans for varying roles and SMART goals for added incentives
- Track record of partnering with sales leadership and finance through administration of incentive plans
- Desire to formulate and drive process improvements, challenging the status quo
- Demonstrated focus on being able to translate data and metrics into predictable, value-add business insight
- Experience with systems: ERP, CRM, etc. (i.e., NetSuite, Salesforce.com)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong results orientation, bias for action and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a matrix organization
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong process rigor
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while delivering consistent, accurate and reliable work
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives in a matrix environment
- Experience defining needs within an ambiguous environment and finding answers and creative solutions
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use those skills to influence and drive change
What do we offer?
Velsera stands for a stimulating atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open company culture. We want you to do the work you feel great at, or that you would like to become great at. You’ll work for a mission driven organization that is making a true difference in the scientific and healthcare space.
Next to that, we offer competitive salaries including:
- A full-suite of industry leading benefits
- Remote work flexibility
If you feel like this could be the next big thing for you, make sure you’re not going to miss out and have a chat with us!
Our core values:
People first. We create collaborative and supportive environments by operating with respect and flexibility to promote mental, emotional and physical health. We practice empathy by treating others the way they want to be treated and assuming positive intent. We are proud of our inclusive diverse team and humble ourselves to learn about and build our connection with each other.
Patient focused. We act with swift determination without sacrificing our expectations of quality. We are driven by providing exceptional solutions for our customers to positively impact patient lives. Considering what is at stake, we challenge ourselves to develop the best solution, not just the easy one.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable and strive for transparent communication to build trust amongst ourselves and our customers. We take ownership of our results as we know what we do matters and collectively we will change the healthcare industry. We are thoughtful and intentional with every customer interaction understanding the overall impact on human health.
Curious. We ask questions and actively listen in order to learn and continuously improve. We embrace change and the opportunities it presents to make each other better. We strive to be on the cutting edge of science and technology innovation by encouraging creativity.
Impactful. We take our social responsibility with the seriousness it deserves and hold ourselves to a high standard. We improve our sustainability by encouraging discussion and taking action as it relates to our natural, social and economic resource footprint. We are devoted to our humanitarian mission and look for new ways to make the world a better place.
Velsera is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Velsera is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.