Wistia is looking for a dynamic Deal Desk Manager to partner with and support our growing Sales, Customer Success, and Go-To-Market Operations teams and will report to our CFO.
This person will be a key advocate for Deal Strategy and work cross-functionally to gain alignment on deals and contractual terms. Our finance team is a core member of our Go-to-Market strategy and our agile execution of strategic initiatives related to people (our customers), data, processes, and systems. This role is an excellent opportunity to work closely with a thoughtful, creative, and collaborative team working on exciting products that make business more human with video.
Wistia continues to scale, it is imperative that we create the systems and processes to support the business in maximizing growth and driving efficiencies. We are looking for a Deal Desk Manager who is experienced with managing a deal funnel and reviewing contractual agreements while helping to scale our Small-and-Medium-Sized Business segment. This role is key in developing a playbook to move deals efficiently and effectively through the Go-To-Market process while ensuring the deals adhere to Wistia's core values.
- Serves as the primary advisor to Sales, Marketing, Business Intelligence/Operations and Customer Success teams on deal and contract related matters, advising the team on alternative options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Works closely with finance to assess deal profitability and margin structure
- Coordinates outreach to outside counsel for commercial transactions
- Advises on approval processes, approves exceptions as necessary
- Assists to interpret contractual language and escalate to ensure deals comply with revenue recognition and operational policies
- Develops and drives initiatives to improve productivity, Deal Desk improvements, company deal policies and simplifying processes throughout the Sales Operations and Sales Organization
- Partners with Sales Operations on process/system improvements, sales enablement and special projects
- Delivers relevant training to new and existing Sales reps on Deal Desk, Negotiation, Order Booking, and overall best practices
- Proven success in a Deal Desk function in the Enterprise SaaS/B2B Industry
- Proven success partnering with Go-to-Market Teams and other cross functional departments
- Strong experience in Direct and Channel Sales models
- Interest in finance and the quantitative side of the business
- Experience in setting up processes and contract/legal negotiations with SMEs
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition and order process principles
- Highly organized, customer-focused, innovative and strong attention to details
- Strong business acumen, strong reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent communicator, self-aware, transparent, professional, and open to feedback
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at times of high volume, schedule flexibility during End of Month, End or Quarter
- Strong quantitative skills and highly proficient in gSuite, Salesforce.com, Zuora or similar CPQ tools
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in Deal Desk and deal structuring
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems
- Ability to analyze, model and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and business situations; quantitative experience required
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Excel (modeling/analysis) - and strong knowledge of end-to-end Quote to Cash Processes. (experience with Salesforce, Mode, and Stripe is preferred)
- Some understanding of software revenue recognition issues preferred, including revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Ability to manage multiple variables, and toggle approach within defined parameters as well as the ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Strong negotiation skills with experience supporting customer negotiations (contract development is preferred)
Working at Wistia
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including vision & dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Unlimited & untracked vacation and sick leave
- Personal budget for learning & development
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we are a hybrid workplace. This means permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we'll prioritize local applicants, those willing to relocate, or those within 3 hours of EST.
Wistia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.