Who We Are:
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com (http://narcity.com/) and MTLBlog.com (http://mtlblog.com/). Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four editions keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
The Media Sales department is responsible for creating and increasing revenue opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with clients. For us, client experience is key throughout the whole production process, from exploring opportunities to pitching. We are creative and love brainstorming with our clients and our team to find the best solution and ways to share a brand's message in the most organic and performative way
Narcity Media is looking to hire a bilingual Sales Operation Coordinator to join our Accounts team. The Sales Operations Coordinator will be responsible for automating and simplifying internal sales processes and facilitating collaboration between the various teams within Media Sales (Strategy, Accounts, Finance, Studio and Marketing). The Sales Operations Coordinator will be reporting to our Accounts Lead, and they should be eager to support the various processes needed within sponsored content campaigns.
The right person should be a superb communicator (in both French and English) who is organized and comfortable working in a creative digital environment. They should be comfortable using the full range of tools provided by Google Suite (Google Sheets and Google Slides) as well as various functions within CRM (Hubspot) and Accounting Software (Paycove) to accomplish admin-related tasks.
- Support Client Flow processes, templates, documentation and production flow for campaign Kick-off calls (KOC)
- Working closely with the Accounts lead and collaborating teams to implement changes across departments and foster a culture of resilience, empowerment and accountability.
- Support the Finance team with invoicing - follow up with overdue clients, collect invoices and implement changes to Hubspot and Paycove.
- Support the accounts team as a Vacation backup when a Client Partner is using their allocated time off.
- Support the Accounts team in ensuring the smooth preparation and processing of Request-for-Proposal (RFPs) - sourcing and maintaining images and cost sheets as needed.
- Support in submitting award applications for various branded competent campaigns
- Support in the coordination of business development opportunities - collaborating in the preparation of Narcity Media branding and marketing events
- Bridging internal communications between sales and marketing teams
- Ad-hoc reporting, administration and supports tasks administered by the accounts lead.
- 1 + years of full-time experience working in Business Administration, Coordination, operations or a similar role.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication in both French and English (bilingual).
- Comfortable prioritizing tasks and working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in the media industry or with a digital marketing agency is an asset
- Experience working with the full range of Google Suite (Google Sheets & Google Slides).
- Experience navigating through a CRM (Hubspot/SalesForce) to make billing adjustments (Paycove) and using project management software (Click up/Assana) is an asset.
Position Type & Salary Range:
- Organized: Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- A Team Player: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Attentive: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Flexible/ Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Problem-solving abilities.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
This is a permanent remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
$45 000 - 60 000
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end-of-the-year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extensive insurance plan
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual market-based salary adjustments
- Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution, not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status. If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at (http://email@example.com/)firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto: email@example.com)
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
- Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We love PDF CVs. It allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link (https://www.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/resources/google-doc-to-pdf.html) to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.