Phononic’s unrivaled approach to solid state cooling is breaking the boundaries of semiconductor innovation to deliver unprecedented performance and sustainability across the globe. From disrupting refrigeration and freezing, to cooling pinhead-sized fiber optics components, Phononic’s technology takes infinite forms to unseat the wasteful and unreliable cooling solutions of the past, which depend on bulky compressors, noisy fans and noxious gases simply not suited for the modern world. Phononic is transforming the way life-saving drugs and vaccines are protected, data is transmitted, and food and beverages are sold, stored and transported. The company has been named to the 2016 and 2017 CNBC Disruptor 50 lists, received the US EPA’s 2017 Emerging Tech Award, R&D 100 Award and more. For more information visit www.phononic.com.
This position is responsible for leading the customer service and sales operations and support functions at Phononic. This includes all customer facing responsibilities of order administration, communication, forecast analysis and delivery metric tracking among other duties. This individual will work cross-functionally with a wide range of departments and levels. The role is highly visible and will report into our Supply Chain and Operations group. The Sales and Operations group is expected to grow in the next 1-2 years and a strong candidate will have considerable growth opportunity within Phononic, as we operate and scale globally.
- Primary contact for incoming customer requests for quotation, order management and product inquiries for our optoelectronics, LIDAR, cold chain fulfilment and active cooling solutions.
- Directly responsible for processing customer purchase orders and compliance to customer’s contract terms and conditions.
- Primary contact for customer orders and collaboration with BUs, production planning and supply chain personnel to ensure order scheduling and on-time delivery.
- Interface directly with Customers and Distributors while taking ownership for all backlog, order entry, quotes, samples and forecasts.
- Provide customers with prompt, early and accurate information regarding status of orders, supply issues, and complaints.
- Support outside sales and manufacturing reps.
- Customer forecast analysis: review trends across forecasts and feedback findings to Sales and Planning teams
- Tracking of customer service request via our case management system.
- Verify pricing and processes customer POs and Sales Orders in accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain documentation and database (SalesForce and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central) to support pricing quotes to customers, and maintain other customer documentation.
- Establish an understanding of the total business operation to include material procurement, order entry, forecasting, manufacturing, invoicing, customer returns, inventory levels, order fulfillment and on-time delivery.
- Support ISO9001, ISO14001, IATF16949 Quality Management Standards with written procedures, annual document reviews, completion of required trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales operations, supply chain, finance, accounting, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of a broad range of manufacturing processes and concepts; semiconductor experience a plus
- Experience using an ERP system: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, SAP, Oracle, or other ERP system
- Experience using SalesForce.
- Strong computer and organization skills, including Microsoft Office with a high proficiency in Excel
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Power BI or Tableau is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and problem-solving mindset
- Self-starter with a high internal motivation and competitive drive for high-quality results
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to challenge status-quo processes
- Willingness to do what it takes to achieve the goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively manage relationships and identify opportunities to add value
- Critical thinker who translates ambiguous data to provide meaningful business insights
- Keen ability to balance flexibility and implementing the right amount of structured processes