Job Description – Graduate Sales Development Representative
Who are Vorboss
Vorboss is building London’s next-generation fibre network. We are turning the industry on its head and challenging the status quo to deliver reliable, smart connectivity that is flexible, transparent, and better. We’re on a mission to build a very different type of fibre company, shaking up the sector to inspire new innovative ways of doing things. You’ll see this approach in everything we do; from our systems engineering strategy through to our operations; from our marketing tactics through to our inclusion and diversity initiatives. We’re on the hunt for talented, smart people to help us on our mission.
We understand that for most businesses, reliable connectivity is as important as heat, electricity, and water and this is a responsibility we take very seriously. At Vorboss, we do the right thing- no matter what. Our unwavering focus on engineering excellence and an unrivalled commitment to customer-obsession is trusted by some of the most important organisations across the UK and Europe in the technology, pharmaceutical, financial, and e-commerce industries.
We’re proud to have earned one of the best reputations in the industry and it is essential to us that we maintain that reputation as we grow. Supported by our recent funding, Vorboss’ net headcount has grown by 450% in the last 18 months, and we are continuing to grow further. Our team is tight knit, highly talented and a force to be reckoned with. Our success so far is a testament to our dedicated teams, and we understand the importance of a happy, healthy workforce and this is reflected in our benefits and policies.
We’re looking for talented, smart people to join us as we embark on this exciting period of growth. Our vision for Vorboss is to be ‘the best job that someone ever has’, regardless of how long they stay with us, we promise to provide a supportive workplace based on mutual respect and trust.
About the role
Vorboss has recently raised over £250 million to bring high speed connectivity and fibre to London’s businesses. You will have a market leading product and price point to help you achieve both the businesses and your own goals for our investors.
Vorboss is looking for a confident, and professional Sales Development Representative (SDR) who can assist Vorboss in growing our customer base and increasing our coverage. You will generate potential leads, seek out potential customers, and in turn help facilitate the sales by connecting the customers with the right salesperson.
You must have excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills. You need to be a flexible team player, accepting of change, and are constantly willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
(Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
- To identify, engage, and qualify leads via research, phone, and email outreach all whilst in collaboration with sales leadership and the marketing team.
- To conduct in-depth research on the unqualified new prospect customers, educate and nurture them with customised and targeted campaign programs, emails, and collateral.
- To manage and maintain our sales Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and the marketing emailing platform (Hubspot/Salesforce) with detailed documentation, status, and activity updates.
- To use Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, networking, and search engine tools to help build targeted lists and identify new prospect client lists in your set areas.
- Own a number and exceed the number.
- To ensure the marketing team’s lead generation efforts are followed up and to provide collaboration on leads generated through webinars, direct marketing (web/email/mail), online marketing, exhibitions, and seminars (including our CIO conference for high level contacts with customers and partners).
The right candidate
- To have previous sales experience, ideally as a Business Development Representative, Sales Development Representative, or similar customer-facing role.
- To have the ability, and desire to upskills on CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot), ensuring you are technically capable of picking up new skills.
- To be comfortable talking to and building relationships with potential clients, from executive assistants to C-level executives.
- To have prior hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
- To have a track record of achieving sales quotas.
- To be a tenacious individual who is not afraid of taking initiative and sometimes rejection. To be able to take criticism constructively to develop oneself professionally.
- To be a phenomenal multi-tasker, who can not only strive in an independent work environment, but also have the ability and adaptability, to work collaboratively across teams.
- To have the desire to enhance your understanding of disruptive technologies, and the passion to sell our top-class products.
- Experience in a B2B sales capacity, and experience selling technology products is highly preferred. To be a flexible team player, accepting of change, and are constantly willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
We believe in taking care of our staff both mentally and physically and in order to support this we offer a range of benefits that you can access.
- Company pension scheme.
- Bonus scheme.
- 5% of your annual salary to go towards any training course of your choice*.
- 25 days of annual leave allowance that increases with years served (excluding bank holidays).
- Private Healthcare.
- Access to Spill, our mental health support partner.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Vitality Healthcare.
- Half price Virgin Active Membership.
- Free eye test.
- Travel loan.
- Hastee app, to help manage your salary and finances.
*(This is capped up to a certain salary).
Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunities
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We aim to create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
This commitment includes training managers and all other employees about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity, and inclusion policy. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the organisation provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination