The Director, Strategic Account is responsible for the acquisition, nurturing, and retention of Lufkin’s key accounts. The roles engages the executive stakeholders and key decision makers as a strategic partner and advisor to align customer and Lufkin interests in a mutually beneficial partnership. This position works closely with the Lufkin regional sales leaders, other commercial leadership, and executive team on planning and execution. The role is accountable for profitable revenue and EBITDA growth.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Identify global growth opportunities through Key Account executive relationships, internal performance, and market data. Provide the data, goals, and plans necessary to the appropriate business leaders to co-create focused initiatives to engage these opportunities.
- Maintain a long-range business strategy to cultivate trusted relationships that results in meaningful influence, participation in the customer planning process, and creates value in doing business with Lufkin.
- Document the strategic priorities, buying process, key purchase critieria, and supplier performance data points to create an appropriate value proposition and engagement strategy to develop the business.
- Establish annual plans, financial targets, and commercial activities to achieve the plan. Develop leading indicator dashboards for an objective view of progress. This includes specific product and financial goals consistent with achieving the 5-year strategy.
- Provide the senior level contact for key accounts including strategic direction, pricing and contract negotiations, dispute resolution, customer accountability, and Lufkin performance.
- Set account prices that build appropriate mix and volume. Connect with product management on price and profitability targets.
- Work closely with the region business leaders to set annual sales goals and execution plans; support with specific resources and reporting to insure plan achievement.
- Provide quarterly assessments on execution, identify root causes of under or overperformance, and respond accordingly. Plan quarterly sales team reviews to insure alignment and accountability.
- Implement effective communication, controls, and reporting to promote efficient plan management across finance, marketing, product management, manufacturing and other cross functional departments that contribute to world class customer experience.
- As a member of the senior management team, contribute to decisions impacting the enterprise.
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Established executive relationships with the key accounts, document account priorities and Lufkin value proposition.
- Translated account insights into an actionable strategy to grow customer revenue and margins to meet AOP targets.
- Worked with commercial leaders to develop specific goals on geographic expansion, new product/service introduction, and overall EBITDA improvement.
- Having worked with marketing and sales operations, deploy the data, targeting, marketing programs, value proposition, product strategy, and any necessary account specific training.
- Established leading indicators and KPIs of business performance; formatted quarterly reviews developed and executed with regularity.
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of sales and marketing experience including progressive responsibility leading to a senior management role with strategic and operational oversight.
Additional qualifications include:
- Prior experience in key account management in a B2B environment requiring senior level contact and high levels of innovation, quality, and service.
- Strategic orientation that is focused on building a plan for the long term; contrast is pursuing individual opportunities as the basis for daily activities.
- Candidates must possess strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to balance top line growth to meet profitability and working capital goals.
- A command of structuring and negotiating major account contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment to mobilize commercial effort against a clear business plan.
- The professional presence and credibility to function effectively both internally as well as at the highest level of customer contacts and, when necessary, the Board of Directors.
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
Getting Work Done Through Others
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
Managing Diverse Relationships
- Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred.
Lufkin’s proud past extends back to the early 20th century when the Lufkin Foundry manufactured railroad and sawmill equipment. The company expanded soon after by pioneering oilfield pumping units in the 1920s. Today, Lufkin is a world leader in its field, providing precision-engineered oilfield equipment, products, and services to customers around the globe.
Lufkin Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR