The COSMEDIX National Sales Director (NSD) will be responsible for sales leadership, development, and performance of COSMEDIX’s North America professional skincare spa channel (B2B). The NSD will own the annual B2B strategy and sales plan in alignment with the overall Brand strategy and financial targets, and make strategic decisions based on customer and Account Executive (AE) performance. The position will execute growth strategies to ensure that the brand continues to achieve/exceed financial targets and increase market share. This position will also be responsible for month-end financial reporting, AE productivity, and new opening pipeline.
The right candidate will have previous experience managing a large team of AEs, while taking accountability for reaching total sales goals and objectives. This individual will also combine excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset and have the ability to build, develop, motivate a sales team to meet individual and team goals.
- Creates effective sales plans and quotas (by AE, by territory, by account tier) that roll up to overall business objectives.
- Meets or exceeds set targeted sales goals monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Operates within established sales expense budget.
- Collaborates with COSMEDIX Global Director of Education to training and event cadence supports the sales plan.
- Directly manages each AE’s growth plan and monitors/coaches each on day-to-day operations (with the support of Regional Sales Manager)
- Evaluates territories and individual performances to ensure KPIs are met.
- Oversees daily sales operations and regular cadence of reporting to Astral’s Executive team.
- Forecasts/re-forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual sales based on rolling performance results.
- Identifies hiring needs, selects, and trains new AEs; guides AEs on best practices/COSMEDIX sales process, and leads test and learn opportunities as they arise.
- Works closely with global VP to prepare and review the annual budget for B2B P&L
- Analyzes market trends and recommends new opportunities for growth.
- Identifies sales “risks and opportunities” for balance of year sales, on a rolling basis.
- Addresses potential and actualized sales gaps and suggests clean plan of action to mitigate risk.
- Works closely with other COSMEDIX sales channels (B2C and Amazon) to ensure synergy with activations and promotional calendar.
- Implements seminars, training events, special events, and other activations determined by Brand team to drive sales.
- Owns new opening pipeline for distribution expansion and account acquisition; supports AEs in evaluating and negotiating new account openings.
- Proactively suggests new services, product bundling, promotions, and innovative sales techniques to drive AOV and retain customers.
- Continually monitors competitive landscape and recommends appropriate changes or action steps.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Business Administration or similar; 8+ year’s experience in channel business development/account management; prior experience as a National Sales Director or similar senior sales role.
- Firm understanding of the North America professional skincare spa landscape.
- Strong knowledge of account planning and reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills, collaboration, and ability to expertly negotiate with internal and external groups, effective at driving results through influence.
- Extensive business acumen and financial ability, analytical and problem-solving skills; strategic thinking and business advisory skills.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work independently, and manage data from various sources and across multiple platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude, detail oriented and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation-based communication skills are essential, as this role interacts with senior level leadership both internally and externally.
- Proven, successful sales track record in cosmetic industry.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Highly analytical with ability to measure or analyze key performance indicators.
- Agility with CRM software and sales reporting.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time.
COSMEDIX was founded in 1999 with the mission to create potent, yet gentle skincare. Since their inception, the professional skincare brand has served some of the world's finest spas, aestheticians, dermatologists, and plastic surgeons. With an expansive skincare product mix and supercharged spa offerings, the full-spectrum product line consists of facials, treatments, metabolic peels, and at-home regimens. For more information on COSMEDIX, visit cosmedix.com.
ABOUT ASTRAL BRANDS
Astral Health & Beauty has established itself as a leading authority in natural and plant-based skin care and color cosmetics. We’re the name behind a family of high-quality, ingredient-driven beauty brands dedicated to innovation. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, our groundbreaking, multi-brand beauty company operates through a portfolio of four distinct brands: Aloette, COSMEDIX, PÜR and BUTTER LONDON—all of which are proudly cruelty-free. From skin care and makeup, to body care and 8-Free nail lacquers, we offer an array of innovative solutions designed to deliver superior results people can feel good about. With innovative and transformative beauty, skincare products and more, our Astral mission is to redefine the face of clean beauty. We embrace diversity and develop products to meet the needs of a global marketplace. Our success is the result of entrepreneurial spirit, passion, drive and pushing boundaries, knowing that our commitment to the customer is more than skin deep.
- Astral Health & Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Astral is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.