SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Head of Deal Desk - Americas
New York - Hybrid
Get To Know The Team:
SS&C Blue Prism is seeking a Head of Deal Desk for the Americas region. You will work closely as a business partner with the Regional Sales Leadership and Sales Teams and the wider organization. The position will report to the Head of Global Deal Desk. You will be a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability and/or market share.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Key member of the Regional Revenue Operations team driving operational alignment across key functions of the business.
- Guide Regional Sales Leadership team on deal structuring in a way that maximizes ARR whilst operating at the same cadence and urgency as the field.
- Responsible for Deal Governance to operate within the discount limits and exception handling process.
- Accountable for development and ongoing evolution of non-standard pricing models, appropriate to the region, notably:
- Consumption based models
- Burst / Short term Capacity
- Support sales campaigns in critical customer meetings to support closure of complex deals
- Identify, build and implement commercial structures as appropriate to support the AMS General Manager and their Sales Leaders in execution of corporate goals - examples include:
- Enterprise Licence Agreements (ELA’s).
- Growth models
- Bring expertise and analytics around discounting benchmarks to assist with deal pricing.
- Actively participate in all regional deal reviews.
- Monitor the ongoing business environment to ensure competitive pricing/market position and input into the development and analysis of pricing models and projections.
- Drive early customer engagement around deal structuring, key levers and negotiating tactics.
- Ensure end-to-end operational support for the AMS businesses, providing Legal, Accounting and Product support and coordination when needed.
What You Will Bring:
- Deep understanding of enterprise software business, particularly with a solid background in subscription models for both Cloud and on-premise scenarios
- 5+ years of relevant Sales Operations experience in a prominent enterprise software company with progressive track record
- Proficiency in overall construct of software license, services and renewal deals to ensure appropriate approvals are being called and advise on booking and revenue recognition consequences. Previous Deal Desk experience is advantageous.
- Ability to navigate internal resources to obtain advice and guidance on deal construction and any obstructions or potential blockers to getting approved and booked
- Ability to communicate and provide support to the field and sales management on updates/changes to policies and to help ensure there is a clear understanding in the field on all best practices of constructing and submitting quotes
- Experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ and other sales related systems including data enrichment tools
- Remarkable intellectual curiosity to regularly challenge the status quo
- A “can do” attitude to affect change within the organization
- An ability to balance being detail-oriented as well as seeing the big picture
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles
- Highly responsive and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to comprehend and interpret complex licensing issues with specific experience of software license agreements
- Ability to work on many deals simultaneously, handling multiple stakeholders in a firm but calm manner.
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.