At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Role
Our Revenue Operations & Strategy team is responsible for overall productivity and effectiveness of the revenue organization, partnering closely with teams across Cloudflare to drive growth and execute critical GTM initiatives. We're looking for an experienced GTM professional to join our Global Sales Incentive team and help shape Territory and Quota strategy as we scale well beyond $1B in revenue. You will report to the Head of Global Sales Compensation, and work closely with GTM Leadership to develop an infrastructure that helps us intelligently deploy quotas at scale, and support the territory management process. Data is critical to the success of this role and this person will be responsible for partnering with our Data Strategy & Analytics Lead, and BI teams to further incorporate data into our quota models.
Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of end to end sales compensation design and execution, and have managed territory and quota excellence as a central function at an enterprise level. You understand account level master data management, have experience with 3rd party data sources such as Dun and Bradstreet, ZoomInfo, Crunchbase, etc., and have a strong understanding of SaaS sales models. At Cloudflare we have strong Regional Sales Operations Leaders who you will partner with to ensure the implementation of a scalable model that supports regional needs. You will work with our Head of GTM Strategy and Planning to implement policies, rules of engagement, and processes that support our evolving coverage model. In addition, you will have demonstrated success in the implementation of territory and quota management tools, across a best of breed ecosystem.
- Work across our regional Field Operations team to architect a best in class approach to quota and territory management. You are responsible for developing an infrastructure that will enable their success through the annual planning process
- Work with our Sales Process and IT teams to implement a solution which ensures Sales Plan Participant setups are properly rostered to territories and assigned quotas
- Implement a quota management process and tool to facilitate distribution of quotas
- Drive the implementation of Compensable Metrics in compensation to ensure data is accurately captured and quotas can be appropriately cascaded
- Work closely with our Compensation Administration Team and Anaplan teams to ensure proper ingestion of quota and territory data into compensation systems
- Thought leader in best in class territory and quota management frameworks and how to execute them at scale
- Drive centralized strategy supported by data, blueprints, processes, and tool innovation
- Partner closely with GTM Finance to ensure sales planning outputs are cascaded effectively throughout the organization
- 10+ years of relevant experience in revenue operations, sales operations in fast growing enterprise companies
- Expert knowledge of account hierarchy structures and parent child account relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and are highly data fluent
- You’ve been involved in the end to end lifecycle of sales planning
- Consulting experience at leading strategy consultancy desired
- Established history of driving multiple complex projects
- Strong executive presentation and engagement skills
- Understanding of change management process and ability to look around corners and an evolving and ambiguous environment
- Background in SaaS monetization models (seat based, consumption, committed contracts)
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Anaplan desired
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $ 122,000 - $ 150,000 .
- For New York City-based and California (excluding Bay Area) and Washington hires: Estimated annual salary of $ 146,000 - $ 178,000 .
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $ 153,000 - $ 187,000 .
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership
: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.