Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin. Our services offer health insurance plans for individuals, families, seniors, and group plans for small to large businesses. We process claims and provide customer service support for beneficiaries of the Medicare program and manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel across the U.S. and abroad. In 2021, WPS Health Solutions celebrated 75 years of making health insurance easier for those we serve. Proud to be military and veteran ready.
WPS’ Performance-Based Culture is where the great work and innovations of our people are seen, fueled, and rewarded. We accomplish this by creating an inclusive, empowering employee experience, focusing on People, Work, and Conditions. This results in people bringing their authentic selves to work every day in an organization that successfully adapts to business changes and new opportunities. We are guided by our Purpose: Together, making health care easier for the people we serve.
In 2021, 2022 and 2023 WPS Health Solutions was recognized for several awards including:
- Madison, Wisconsin’s Top Workplaces
- Top Workplace national cultural excellence awards for Remote Work and Work-Life Flexibility
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces® with the further honor of Achievers “Elite 8” winner in the category of Culture Alignment
Our Sales Operations Manager will oversee a team of Account Managers in our WPS Health Insurance commercial line of business. This role will:
- Lead, coach, and support a team of Account Managers that are responsible for account implementations, enrollment, and renewals.
- Actively be part of the RFP process.
- Create a positive, engaging, and collaborative atmosphere for their team.
- Remove roadblocks that keep the team from performing at its highest level.
- Develop and design strategy to help our Account Management team achieve current and future goals.
- Monitor our processes and customer service to ensure we are providing the highest level of service to our clients.
- Interact with clients and understand what we are doing well, where we could improve, and actively developing actions plans for improvement based on feedback.
- Proactively review and analyze data and insights to identify opportunities for business improvement.
- Review operations systems, procedures, and recommend improvements to increase efficiency.
- providing tactical planning to ensure positive interactions with clients and enhance overall operational effectiveness.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Product and Benefit Configuration teams.
- Assist with enrollment or renewal meetings as needed.
How do I know this opportunity is right for me? If you:
- You are a thought leader and know how to mentor, grow, and engage teams.
- Can anticipate a problem before it occurs and intervene appropriately.
- Are customer centric with a knack for building strong, collaborative relationships.
- You communicate with confidence, clarity, and sound reasoning when discussing concerns, ideas, and suggestions with all levels of staff and management.
- Like the idea of working remotely with corporate offices visits occasionally.
What will I gain from this role?
- Experience working in one of our fastest growing business segments (Large group self-funded 50 to 2000 employee lives).
- Working in a continuous performance feedback environment.
- The ability to develop and lead key members of the Account Management team.
- Creating a service standard that will differentiate WPS in the health insurance industry.
- Visibility as a leader in a very important growth area within our WPS Health Insurance Division.
- The ability to deliver a high quality healthcare solution to a large number of WPS members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent post high school and/or related work experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in health insurance in sales or account management and/or leadership experience.
- Must be able to travel in the state of Wisconsin. Travel is estimated at approximately 30%.
- Is this role required to have an active State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance License.
- Experience working with large group accounts in health insurance.
- Experience working with fully insured and self-funded health insurance.
- Proven experience leading high performing sales teams.
- Some knowledge of the underwriting process for renewals.
- Experience using a CRM.
The base pay offered for this position may vary within the posted range based on your job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
- This position is also eligible for an annual Sales Bonus Program which is based on implementation, performance of the Account Management team, and persistency.
This role is open to remote work in the following approved state: Wisconsin
Remote Worker Requirements
For remote position, employee is required to meet remote worker requirements, including a designated work station, a wired (Ethernet) connection to the network, and a minimum of 10Mbps downstream connection with at least 1Mbps upstream (can be checked at https://speedtest.net)
- Remote work option available
- Performance bonus and/or merit increase opportunities
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary (100% vested immediately)
- Competitive paid time off
- Health, dental insurance, Teladoc starts DAY 1
- Review additional benefits here
Sign up for Job Alerts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)