Buying stuff online can get messy once you hit that “order” button. Managing dozens carrier tracking links, dealing with lost or damaged packages, and resolving issues with customer support can feel like a wild goose chase. That’s why we created the Route — to make the post-purchase experience for consumers like you, and the brands you love, as seamless as possible. Route is on a mission to connect the world’s commerce. Through our network of +5 million Route App users and 15,000 merchants, we’re making it easier than ever for consumers to track, insure, and discover their favorite products in one place — which connects the world’s coolest direct-to-consumer brands to happy repeat customers. Since Route launched in 2018, we’ve been on a journey to build innovative products that empower our customers, all while fostering a people-first, values-driven company culture. We’re looking for talented people across the ecommerce space to join us on the next steps of this adventure. Don’t just take our word for it! Discover what life at Route has to offer.Opportunity
As a Contracted Deal Desk Analyst at Route you will have a direct impact on Route’s bottom line and will be responsible for ensuring the continued success and growth of our go-to-market teams (Sales, Customer Success, and Partnerships) through complex deal management, guidance, and approval. You will sit at the crossroads of all go-to-market functions, partnering with senior stakeholders in Revenue Operations, Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to define and establish how profitability of new & existing accounts is evaluated and estimated, how discounting & bundling strategies for new product lines are employed, and to create processes for providing complex deal support and pricing guidance at scale. Your day to day will include interfacing directly with Account Executives (AEs) & Customer Success Managers (CSMs) on their outstanding deals, partnering with Salesforce Admins, Revenue Enablement, and senior Sales & CS leaders to build out new deal support processes, and collaborating with Revenue Insights to constantly monitor and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your function.
The ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of business process optimization, an appreciation for the Route selling + customer management motion, a passion for driving aligned outcomes, is analytical & forward-thinking, and has a proven track record for driving measurable results. You are the guardian of Route’s bottom line! Everything you do is focused on improving Route’s profitability & win rates at scale, while always creating a superior experience for our AE and CSM customers.
- This is a 6 month 1099 Contractor position, that has the potential to move to full-time in 2024 based on performance and business needs. This role will be paid an hourly rate for an expected 20-25 hour/week.
- Facilitate sophisticated deal review processes, running additional calculations, collaborating with reps, and making pricing recommendations that align with Route’s business goals
- Consult on deals, providing reps with pricing and discounting strategies, as well as recommendations for positioning to customers
- Facilitate Route’s tech grant program, ensuring program goals are met and that supporting processes are carried out efficiently and accurately
- Facilitate Enterprise deal reviews, bringing together key collaborators across departments and aligning on the business value, cost, and next steps associated with bringing on new Enterprise merchants
- Execute contracts and ensure all applicable information is documented and stored correctly
- Identify collaborator needs to build out new, scalable deal support processes that improve Deal Desk’s efficiency and maintains deal velocity for reps
- Evaluate and optimize existing frameworks and tools to develop more predictive and accurate models
- Advocate on behalf of customers and go-to-market reps when new decision-making frameworks and processes that impact deal support are developed
- Maintain SLAs for providing quick and efficient solutions to AEs & CSMs
- Develop solutions and recommendations that improve customer profitability and sales win-rates
- Provide superior, white-glove support to AEs and CSMs that use the Deal Desk service
- Partner with Revenue Operations, Finance, Sales, and Customer Success to continually evaluate the overall success of the Deal Desk function, optimizing processes for efficiency, accuracy, and alignment to Route’s business objectives
- Minimum of 2+ years experience on a go-to-market revenue team (CS / Sales / Partnerships / Revenue Operations).
- Proven track record of working with and influencing AEs, CSMs, senior leadership, and extended teams.
- Ability to work to deadlines, highly adaptable and well organized with a strong predilection for documentation.
- Get it done demeanor with a strong sense of team camaraderie.
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally, network, and influence various roles, levels and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to adopt multiple perspectives and understand varying goals when modeling new business processes.
- Knowledge of sales + customer management cycles and key KPIs for revenue-generating functions
$28-31/Hour (depending on experience)Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their career level, skills, experience, specific geographic location qualifications and other job-related reasons.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be