Amazon Freight (AF) is looking for an entrepreneurial minded Deal Desk Analyst to join it’s ENT Deal Desk team. This role will be focused on a dual scope including deal building and financial modeling & planning. Amazon Freight is a new startup business within Amazon focused on developing an industry leading transportation offering to provide external freight customers access to the world class network and freight services currently used to operate Amazon’s own freight movements. Our Enterprise-ready freight offering ensures our customer’s freight is moved with the highest level of service and quality at a competitive price across multiple modes of transportation (Truckload, LTL, Intermodal).
As a deal desk analyst, you will be working to guide expansion through pricing analysis and lane selection strategy. You will liaison between the pricing and the sales team while also working with key decision makers from other cross-functional teams including but limited to operations, product and planning to help deliver and grow a high-performing and a profitable contract business. You will be working closely with the sales team to construct and execute deals against RFPs and ad-hoc pricing requests for some of our largest customers. This role will require a deep understanding of the TL freight market, understanding market dynamics, macro-economic trends & AF’s cost structures to build meaningful deals for our customers. Aside from building deals for our shippers this role will include building financial models that will help forecast annual revenue and volume forecasts for AF.
The ideal candidate enjoys continuously learning, problem solving, is analytical and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced, innovative environment while maintaining the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities. If you are excited about building a new business, working with a team to deliver best in class service, and influencing how we build scalable deal desk solutions then this role may be for you.
Key job responsibilities
Build deals for our shippers using portfolio approach while optimizing for revenue and margin
Identify opportunities to remove bottlenecks, resolve inconsistencies and improve efficiency in pricing and deal desk processes
Ensure deals meet standard pricing configuration, SLA expectations while tracking all custom terms and exceptions.
Building tools & processes that will help plan annual and quarterly revenue and volume forecasts
Partner on live negotiations with AE and BD teams
Manage opportunity tracking and status reports
Support in developing training materials, and sales examples and conduct regular contract training sessions – to reduce contract variations between similar deals
Provide consultative guidance to AE’s regarding deal structure, margin and pricing
Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives on deal performance and provide actionable insights to the business
Analyze large lane data sets for risk management, growth and network optimization in both RFPs and historical data sets
Build and maintain deal desk performance trackers, lane repository, and other models related to pricing activities
Assist management with development, revision and refinement of lane selection model and other tools, as well as work on process improvements.
Test new pricing strategies, learn and re-iterate to find winning strategiesBasic Qualifications
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Supply Chain, or related field
- 5+ Experience using Excel, SQL & Tableau for problem-solving, quantitative analysis and building dashboards
- 5+ years of B2B sales or program management experience in an analytical role in a logistics setting
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills; program and project
- Experience of analyzing and synthesizing data and presenting management information
- Familiar with logistics industry and RFP pricing process both from a shipper point and a transportation provider point
- Experience with Sales Force
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- An ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and a passion for continuous improvement through collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders, as well as senior executives, with keen attention to detail and clear delivery of complicated topics
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- * Experience operating strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with SQL, Python, and/or Excel VBA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.Company
- Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2362561