Qatar Airways (QR) have embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for the role of Senior Sales Operations Agent UK and Ireland.
In this role, you will provide five star service to Qatar Airways internal and external customers. You will act as Qatar Airways product and process expert by supporting the team with daily complex sales operations tasks including Reservations and Ticketing, Trade/Corporate Account support, Group Sales, Sales Support, Sales Systems and Sales Administration.
Specific Accountabilities include
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for sales operations functions established to ensure alignment to QR’s global sales/sales operations principles.
- Act as product knowledge expert for trade support tasks, supporting in more complex tasks reservations, ticketing, FFP, oneworld, Beyond Business and Corporate queries.
- Assist Sales Operations Agents with their queries, and escalations to ensure efficiency and quality services.
- Maintain and generate reports as required by reporting Line Manager.
- Be the primary person in following up with customers and trade partners on enquiries, requests.
- Guide junior Sales Operations Agents, particularly new joiners, in QR processes and policies, to ensure smooth operations within the department.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Handle all sales operations activities including (but not limited to) Reservations and Ticketing, Refunds, Trade/Corporate Account support, Group Sales, Sales Support, Sales Systems, and Sales Administration.
- Take primary responsibility within the department in the processing of refunds, issuance/reissuance of tickets, ensuring smooth handling of all cases within purview.
- Make new reservations and changes to existing reservations, quoting the correct fares and rules of carriage
- Support Travel Agencies with reservations related activities
- Reservation/booking consultation for B2B customers on ad hoc basis as required.
- Support the development of the Beyond Business customer pipeline by taking the lead in activities related to the qualification of new leads that can be delivered to the sales team for follow up.
- Communicate with customers or QR account managers for documentation completion.
- Produce reports for relevant markets and share monthly performance reports.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
Qualifications - External
- Experience in any of these fields: reservations/ticketing, sales support, group sales, tariffs, distribution, business analysis, ideally within Aviation/travel industry.
- PC literate with very good knowledge of MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel).
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of airline processes (e.g. Pricing/Distribution technology), systems (e.g. Amadeus, GDS) and travel industry in general
Fluency in English and (written and spoken) is essential for this role. You must also have the current right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.