The Commercial Channel Manager will be accountable for the annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic commercial plans for a given Channel, which leads to the development and stewardship of the localized Picture of Success (PicOS) for each channel segment. Translates channel plans into relevant pillar programs with supporting tools, while handling recommendations of all in-outlet merchandising in support of strategic PicOS.
This role partners cross functionally across the system and has accountability for the channel business plan by strongly demonstrating knowledge of commercial growth strategies and strategic channel planning. The Commercial Channel Manager will exhibit strong strategic thinking skills and can pivot quickly while prioritizing and managing multiple projects and work streams.Position Responsibilities May Include, But Not Limited To
Required Skills And Experience
- Implements channel strategy, program creation and development to put forth a strong plan to deliver against channel specific business results.
- Participates in and develops content to support Commercial Planning Process to influence strategic channel direction.
- Exhibits and develops competencies around commercial growth strategies, channel planning, sales and customer integration, category insights and revenue growth management. Identifies and prioritizes local opportunities, recommends solutions, and rallies resources to execute initiatives.
- Ability to pivot quickly given changing market dynamics and participate in contingency planning as pillar events and pricing strategies change throughout the year.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Space Planning, Sales Operations, Capabilities, and Category Insights to aid in CMA development and planning. This role clearly defines channel strategic imperatives and merchandising solutions to develop Point of Interest (POI) recommendations.
- This role will partner with The Coca-Cola Company to gain deeper insights into the channel utilizing all available tools and resources. This leads to actionable plans to accelerate growth, realize integration, and develop full portfolio end to end channel plans.
- Leads Point of Sale Ordering and Fulfillment Process across the DCs, and submits orders through cross brand/supplier ordering systems or designated approved suppliers by working closely with the Field Execution Director, Sales Manager and Food Service & On-Premise (FSOP)/Retail Directors for all channels across the key account organization.
- Critical at managing Agency/Cross Brand Partner Coordination to source/create creative for all channels (FSOP, Small Store and Large Store) concurrently working with respective Directors to source and create correct pricing material to achieve quarterly pricing. Work closely with the FSOP selling teams to coordinate the correct message for customer.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in sales/account management, commercial strategy, or marketing.
- 2+ years of Field Sales experience
- Knowledge of brand strategy and application across channels
- Ability to recognize brand and channel opportunities to either accelerate growth or leverage strengths
- Proven track record of achieving sustainable results
- Ability to draw insights and act
- Planning and analysis experience
- Strong commercial planning skills
- Effectively communicates and builds relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to influence and gain quick alignment with key stakeholders across different functions of the business
- Must excel in managing multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, agile and adaptable to respond to and anticipate changes
- Must be self-motivated and influential
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- 7+ years’ experience in the consumer goods/beverage industry
- 2 + years of experience calling on customers
- Brand and Channel management experience
- Leadership role within strategy and planning
- Experience building and monitoring execution action plans
- Shopper insights, category management and shopper marketing experience
- MBA or other graduate degree
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.