At Composites One our culture is founded on a clear set of Core Values that has at its core Respect, Teamwork, and Communication.
Our success is largely attributed to our ability to operate as one Team, respect each other in our daily interactions, and communicate effectively while doing the one thing that is critical to our success – taking care of our customers.
Are you ready for a rewarding career?We are searching for a Director of Mexico Sales and Operations to join our growing Sales Team!
Now is the time to move forward and make an impact!
As a Director of Mexico Sales and Operations you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of the Sales and Operations function of Composites One in Mexico to achieve the financial and non- financial goals. Also in this role you will be responsible for the performance of all C1 business in the region, including C1-MX.How will you impact our organization on a daily basis?
Leadership And Communications Skills
- Work closely with VPs of Sales, VPs of Operations, and other personnel to achieve ROA and OI objectives and excellent service to customers.
- Ensure proper resources (people and capital) are available and tactically deployed with necessary tools to meet established financial metrics and business plan initiatives; oversees team development while monitoring progress against individual goals.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by actively evaluating Sales and Operations personnel through effective coaching, training, and performance feedback; identify training and developmental needs, as well as tools that will aid in achieving peak performance; ensure best people are in place to achieve sales and operational objectives.
- Drive a high-achievement culture that results in sales and operational excellence by promoting the understanding and use of our sustainable value proposition.
- Identify and implement local strategies that align with broad organizational goals; lead the consistent communication of these organizational objectives, strategies, initiatives, and priorities in order to achieve a high level of engagement and buy-in from employees.
- Ensure strict compliance with all federal, local, and company policies/procedures.
- Build and maintain positive supplier relationships and coordinate those activities with Director of Product & Market Management, VPs Sales, Product Managers, and Supply Chain Managers.
- Assess evolving C1-MX infrastructure and processes, in conjunction with other corporate functions, and recommend improvements; evaluate relevant industry practices and incorporate learning accordingly.
- Support various special market, product and process initiatives and ensure local efforts are in alignment with these broader initiatives.
- Responsible for effective communication with all business units across the company, including monthly updates, quarterly business reviews, reporting; ensure strategic oversight of policies and practices.
- Develop strategies and lead the execution of site-specific action plans for promotion and adoption of operational changes required to move in new directions.
- Develop processes and programs that provide results enabling Composites One Mexico business to achieve and maintain high performance.
- Provide initial review, feedback, and direction to initiatives and opportunities to ensure alignment with overall company business and sales strategy.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Provides strong leadership to guide and develop team members, directly and indirectly, ensuring long-term growth and profitability in Mexico. Assesses resource needs in the region, identifies gaps, and coordinates recruiting efforts with relevant support departments.
- Identifies and understands evolving customer trends and preferences in the region. Leads our sales and technical organization in maintaining strategic customer relationships and works with ROMs, SMs, Corporate Account Managers, Import/Export Team, and Operations Support (Legal, HS&E, etc.) to resolve significant customer issues.
- Encourages strong cross-functional relationships by identifying teamwork opportunities; leads these activities to successful outcomes.
- Through communications, actions, and personal example, fosters a close Sales/Operations relationship and strong sense of teamwork that is visible to the organization.
- Fosters a culture of innovation, performance, and accountability, focusing on growth and exceptional customer experience.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a combination of significant related experience and education that is deemed commensurate with the degree requirement required.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- A minimum of five years of management experience.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible business experience in the composites industry in a relevant combination of functional areas including: product management, strategic supply chain management, purchasing, inventory management, business development/sales and distribution operations.
- Proven record of setting objectives and leading a team to accomplish objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of issues and considerations for effectively managing local or distributed inventories of raw materials.
- Advanced understanding of standard supply chain management processes related to inventory management and procurement.
- General understanding of transportation and logistics and associated safety and documentation requirements, and the distribution process workflow.
- Successful track record of driving consistent sales growth.
- International business experience, specifically supporting customers in Mexico, is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel; experience working in a Windows environment. Ability to learn internal MRP system.
- Willing to travel up to 75%, including regular trips to Mexico.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Working knowledge of Integrity Selling or equivalent sales program, key transaction/functional processes, and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Experience working and traveling in the region, knowledge of local customs, customers, and supplier/service partners.
- Ability to contribute to tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Compensation Range for this role: $185K - $200K. All compensation offers are based on skill set and experience of the applicant as relevant to the role.
Why should you join Composites One?
Join us in creating a brighter future for the customers we serve!
- CULTURE: This is a great place to work! We are deeply committed to cultivating an environment of Respect, Teamwork, and Communication.
- INTEGRITY: The foundation of all strong relationships is TRUST. We strive to act with integrity and honesty in all interactions with our customers, suppliers, and Team Members to build meaningful relationships!
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND INNOVATION: To remain successful, we must continuously improve and innovate. At Composites One, we value collaboration, and sharing ideas so that we can grow and drive continuous improvement and innovation together.
Composites One LLC
is the leading supplier of essential materials for Wind Energy, Aerospace, Defense, Consumer Recreation
and Construction Composites Manufacturing.
We have a global presence and operate 44 North American distribution centers. As a family business, for over 60 years we have had a culture that treats each Team Member with respect and offers opportunities for growth and personal success.
Learn more about us at compositesone.com!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Composites One, all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other protected classification as defined by applicable law and regulation.ADA Accommodations
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please contact the ADA Coordinator by email at ADACoordinator@compositesone.com .