Please ensure sure your internet browser is updated to the latest version. Candidates have experienced issues with submitting applications from older browser versions. Department: Sales Operations
Reports To: Sr. Director Sales Operations
Travel Required: up to 60%
Why Join Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!Position Overview
As the Regional Manager Sales Operations, this position trains, leads and supervises direct reports in the assigned area(s). Will manage and coordinate the warehouse, distribution, inventory, service, fleet and administrative office activities of multiple distribution locations, and support the sales function of the company.Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance of operational guidelines and procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, ordering, handling and disposition of merchandise, products and equipment, maintenance of warehouse inventory and records management
- Responsible for building, developing, and retaining talent necessary to drive a high-performance sales operations team, along with ensuring succession planning is in place.
- Coordinates warehouse product allocation needs with manufacturing, sales, demand planning and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise
- Works directly with Warehouse Managers, Field Service Supervisors and Field Service Technicians to establish and manage equipment and product par levels
- Works with Demand Planner and Warehouse Managers to ensure material requirements planning (MRP) settings are aligned with target inventory levels and the appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner to identify root causes and corrective actions
- Ensures uniform conformance among all assigned locations to labor standards and established work practices such as task productivity, order pull techniques, equipment installations, etc. Ensures staffing levels are appropriate to business needs and budget allocations
- Works directly with Service Center, Sales, and Purchasing on equipment needs, evaluation of usage and placement of equipment. Responsible for compliance with the Company’s equipment tracking system (ETS)
- Responsible for control and management of café equipment inventory and service call productivity. Ensures Technicians are servicing customers within appropriate window of time, work orders are properly communicated and processed in the handheld computer, and weekly reporting of service activity is reported to management
- Establishes KPI’s to monitor and manage inventory performance, service levels, employee and location productivity and targets that align with strategic goals
- Responsible for ensuring weekly repair goals are achieved at each location, equipment returns are timely and properly transferred and training gaps are identified and addressed for technicians
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports on region activity and performance, communicates activity to management
- Responsible for inspections and maintenance of warehouse facilities, fleet, and equipment at all assigned locations
- Responsible for P&L review and budgetary compliance for all assigned locations. Participates in forecasting, annual budget planning process, and long-term strategic planning.
- Leads, manages and participates in lean initiatives that drive cost reductions and efficiencies across supply chain activities.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvements utilizing lean principles, methodologies, and tools
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as Company policy and procedure, with regard to personal safety, facility, vehicles and equipment
- Conducts regular safety and operational meetings with subordinate supervisors and employees at all assigned locations
- Responsible for timely and appropriate approval of vendor invoices and employee expenses
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Collaborates with other departments within the organization to provide field level support that ultimately supports overall company goals
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university preferred
- Five or more years of experience in Sales or operations/warehouse management and experience with managing multi-locations
- Experience with Community Coffee, even if unrelated, may fulfill this requirement at the discretion of the hiring manager with approval from Human Resources
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have an acceptable driving record
- Valid driver’s license required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to work with database inventory management software, handheld software.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and handheld point-of-sale computer systems, preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Strong people leadership skills
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Analytical thinking
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Field Sales Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas
Welcome Individuality, Learn Together, Encourage Each Other Inspire Creativity
Dream big, Think Fresh, Make It Happen Wow Our Customers
Serve with Purpose, Exceed Expectations, Do What’s Right Serve Our Communities
Be Genuine, Bring Joy, Make a Difference Win Together
Be Brave, Have Fun, CelebrateCommunity Coffee Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off and employee assistance program.
Community Coffee Company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, genetic information, uniformed service, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or otherwise reference your race, religion, age, sex, genetic, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will also provide reasonable accommodations to allow an employee to perform the essential functions of a position, as required by applicable law. This application is considered current for sixty (60) days only. At the end of this period, if you are still interested in employment, it will be necessary for you to reapply by completing a new application.