Our mission is to delight, engage, and inspire you through real-life storytelling.
Who are we?
We are a modern media company that engages a global audience of more than 300 million monthly viewers on all major digital, mobile, and streaming television platforms, with 700 million minutes watched each month. We create award-winning video content and original programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design that we share with an engaged, passionate, and global community. Tastemade is built upon real data and an innovative approach to programming. We are changing the way the world watches, experiences, and engages with premium lifestyle content.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world through the art of storytelling. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not just looking for another job. We are seeking a Sales Operations Director to join our growing team!
In this critical role, our Sales Operations Director will report directly to the CFO and have a dotted line to our Head of Global Sales. This person will ensure that our Sales Leaders and Sales team have a holistic view of sales performance metrics, enabling our teams to quickly diagnose issues or opportunities. This person will be empowered to recommend, scope and drive changes to enhance our ability to close revenue. The ideal candidate is passionate about problem-solving, diving into data analytics and creating informed opinions, and likes to indulge in market trends.
- Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
- Embrace our world. Be globally-minded—value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
- Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
- Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
- Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Sales Leadership to develop and execute strategic plans to achieve revenue targets and drive growth
- Take ownership of creating a transparent process that allows all sellers and leadership to view sales activity at the click of a button
- Ownership of our CRM (Booster) including but not limited to; re-training and creating a standard in how the sales org is utilizing the tool, maximizing tool usage, identifying gaps in the tool and proposing solutions.
- Partner with the CFO and Sales leadership team to create process improvements to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Be able to look at market trends and provide insight and recommendations to leadership.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Tastemade's target markets, competitive landscape, and industry trends
- Support our Sales analyst in maintaining Sales performance reports and improve data quality and identify opportunities for improvement
- Standardize the sales metrics and data we utilize to determine success within individual seller performance and across our sales verticals
- Analyze the performance of the sales team and strategize with the leadership team on ways to optimize performance
- Learn and become an expert in our current commission and bonus structure
- Support the yearly commission process and cycle which includes organizing and creating a commission plan, ensuring letters are accurate, training and supporting the leadership team in the rollout of the commission plan, supporting revenue recognition efforts on a monthly basis and calculating quarterly commission payouts.
- Lead sales forecasting efforts and provide insights into pipeline and revenue trends
- Lead Revenue forecasting
- Lead margin forecasting and oversee the pricing team's efforts and own calculation of margin including content, tac (traffic acquisition costs) , taxes, agency fees, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a role where Revenue Operations or Sales Operations was a focus
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business & product challenges
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills.
- Sales forecasting and/or financial modeling experience in MS Excel is required.
- A track record of leveraging data for business impact.
- Experience in the digital advertising is a plus
- Experience with sales CRM systems in general and can get acquainted quickly with specific ones quickly
- Experience implementing and rolling out a new software/system is a plus
What Makes Us a Great Opportunity?
We prioritize an inclusive, People-first culture at Tastemade. From your first day, we strive to be a welcoming team that supports, nurtures and grows. We are also firm believers in “walking the walk” -- our employee-led workplace experience committees, DE&I groups, and wellness and philanthropic initiatives reflect much of our culture and build a sense of real community among our team. While working at Tastemade, you will collaborate with passionate, curious, and authentic peers, who are driven by our core values and equally enthusiastic about food, travel and home & design.
How we’ll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The pay range for this role in the US is between $155,000 and $185,000. The range listed is just one component of Tastemade’s total compensation package for employees. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: candidate qualifications, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus or commission, equity, benefits, and/or other incentives.
Remote work at Tastemade
This is a remote job opportunity and can reside in the following registered states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, IL, MD, ME, MT, NE, NJ, NY, OH, TX, and WA
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy and paid company holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP, and 401K benefits
- Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
- Monthly wellness stipend to support your physical and mental health
- Monthly electronics allowance to partially offset cell phone and internet costs
- One-time home office equipment stipend
- Professional development by way of a feedback-driven culture, regular performance check-ins, and in-house mentorship and support programs
- Collaborative, passionate, and fun colleagues!
Tastemade is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its open positions within the organization. Tastemade believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enrich the workplace. We’re an equal-opportunity employer. We hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Additionally, Tastemade’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.
Tastemade is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruiting and interview process. If you have a medical condition or disability and you require any assistance or need accommodations, please reach out to us at to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Your application and any materials you submit will be subject to our.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR