mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is the platform powering the next era of eCommerce for mid-market and enterprise brands across all online channels. With tens of thousands of merchants from retail to B2B, we’re the platform behind some of the world's best websites. Our products help merchants attract, convert, and retain more customers while lowering operating costs.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Insights & Planning in our Revenue Operations organization to lead a team responsible for understanding the primary revenue streams of the business deeply; partnering with go-to-market leaders to identify high-leverage opportunities to accelerate the business; and collaborating with data teams to create scalable business intelligence. This leader will support and empower a team of 3+ exceptional, business-savvy managers who will work closely with FP&A to set annual revenue and performance targets and lead high visibility reviews of progress against goals. They will ensure executives across the organization have visibility into key trends, high-leverage opportunities, and actionable insights that move the business forward.
The ideal candidate will effectively influence audiences at all levels of the organization through a command of business drivers and an ability to create alignment between varying points of view. Whether speaking with the CEO or the front-line operators, this person will demonstrate adaptability, empathy, active listening, and an outcome-oriented approach.
What You’ll Do
- Build strong partnerships with Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships leaders, deeply understand their business objectives, and identify opportunities to accelerate their progress
- Demonstrate effective cross-functional collaboration and a customer-first mindset
- Manage an Insights team of 3+ to understand business performance drivers and outcomes across key verticals, segments, and regions; regularly propose recommendations to improve performance
- Partner closely with Finance to set aggressive, yet attainable, annual performance targets
- Lead key business rhythms, such as monthly business reviews and annual planning, for executive stakeholders
- Standardize, simplify and enhance the team’s economic models to forecast the impact of key business decisions, making and challenging assumptions and ensuring all angles are considered
- Demonstrate adept stakeholder management and cross-functional partnership, emphasizing a culture of professionalism, camaraderie and mutual accountability
- Identify and advocate for opportunities where BigCommerce could develop corporate or business unit strategies to capture market share or differentiate ourselves from competition
- Write compelling case for change papers that articulate business needs, execution plans, and critical paths to success
Who You Are
- 8+ years experience in strategy, management consulting, or similar roles in business analytics or finance
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics) - MBA a plus, or relevant work experience
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with a bias for action
- Confident storyteller who naturally simplifies complex concepts into memorable narratives
- Strong track record of leading comprehensive analyses, managing stakeholders, and generating alignment
- Driven, curious, and quick to absorb information; comfortable solving problems despite ambiguity
- Significant experience working with revenue-generating teams to identify high-leverage opportunities for action
- A thoughtful leader who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments
- Program management, planning, and goal setting expertise required, with a passion for operational excellence
- Expert organization skills, including ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
Our employees make the difference. At BigCommerce, we believe that celebrating the unique histories, perspectives and abilities of every employee makes a difference for our company, our customers and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and the inclusive atmosphere we build together will make room for every person to contribute, grow and thrive.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.