The Senior Manager Deal Desk
is a trusted partner with field sales. They work closely with Sales, Expert Services, Growth Operations, Finance, Product Management and Legal to drive deal efficiency, quote reviews, create template language and maintain template repository, customer relations, and process improvement. They act as the cross-functional coordination point for high-value, highly complex deals with the goal to reduce cycle time and improve closure rates for these types of deals.
The Senior Manager Deal Desk and their team supports commercial related activities including deal structuring and pricing, margin optimization, contract management, approval process and deal analysis. The Senior Manager Deal Desk coordinates communication and administrative items for the Global Deal Desk team, conducts New Hire training on a quarterly basis and as needed. The Senior Deal Desk Manager oversees the management of the Deal Desk process, rules of engagement and Deal model.Essential Functions:
Experience and Education
- Support a global sales team by managing different time zones.
- Review deal financials, pricing and business risk for customers and prospects.
- Recommend actions to resolve problems and issues by using professional judgment.
- Provide financial/legal structure advice to sales teams and bring in execs as needed to create deal strategy for large deals.
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize contract terms and deal structures to align with the company's revenue growth and margin objectives. Enable Edgio to meet financial targets with deal analysis.
- Establish, maintain and communicate business policies and guidelines. Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Serve as an escalation point to business leaders.
- Provide deal guidance and “Best Practices” to the sale organization in the structuring of deals that are competitive yet adhere to company policies and guidelines.
- Ensure the Deal Desk works effectively with partners and direct sales.
- Manage and evaluate current process improvement projects to increase the effectiveness of the sales quoting and contracting process in order to improve deal velocity and closure rates.
- Works to continuously improve ability to respond to the needs of Sales, Partners and Customers.
- Work with various stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these requirements to the system developer to implement changes to the company quoting and contract management process.
- Assess deal trends and provide product and financial insights across the organization.
- Work with the Product Management team to obtain up to date product specifications, SKU mappings, pricing and discount information for various service offerings. Influence product packaging and pricing, providing input to the development and structure of product offerings and pricing methodologies.
- Manage Edgio’s quoting tool DealHub. Work closely with HubSpot (Edgio’s CRM) administrators for User Acceptance Testing and Ad-hoc projects, as requested.
- Partner with Finance to ensure updated guidance on Margins.
- Create and be the owner of Non-standard Term Policy (NST).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields.
- Experience with deals desk, pricing and/or quoting systems.
- Experience with SaaS and Utility (per usage) business models.
- Ideal if have experience with deal desk for cloud or platform as a service companies.
- Strong experience with ROI and cost/margin analysis for sales deals.
Inspired People. Extraordinary Results.
- Focus on the “customer first” perspective.
- DealHub or other CPQ experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information when required.
- Strong business acumen and financial modeling skills, knowledge of pricing and discounting policies. Ability to work in a collaborative manner which is cross functional and global.
- Deal desk and CPQ technology proficiency to drive process improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Contract acumen - ability to review contracts and Statements of Work to identify new or questionable language, and/or unusual terms requiring legal support.
- Ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables and to respond in a dynamic work environment.
- Proficient with G-suites.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent cognitive reasoning, analytical, planning and process development skills, strong business judgment and high level of initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a sales team environment, build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and work independently with limited supervision.
- Comfortable in a matrix reporting structure and managing through change. Able to work with senior executives within and across company departments.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, customer-centric environment.
At Edgio we are committed to creating and delivering world-class digital experiences. Our core values act as a compass that ensures we stay on a course that empowers us to create unmatched value for our clients, extraordinary results for our shareholders, and inspire you in the work that you do.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do; they are the foundation of our high performing culture. Ownership
means we focus on the job that is most required, treating time and resources as precious like it’s your business. With a laser focus on Performance,
we achieve extraordinary results through work that is planned and managed. We are Client Obsessed,
we give them our full attention, they pay for it. Our First Team
is radically committed to collaboration, trust, feedback, accountability and performance. Through Design,
we create better experiences through simplicity and efficiency.Our First Team is important to us. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
This job description is not an all-inclusive summary of duties or responsibilities. Job duties or responsibilities may change with or without advance notice.
- Health and Wellness Benefits: Blue Cross PPO or High Deductible with HSA and an employer match.
- 401(k) match and employee stock purchase program.
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance with Employee, Spouse and Dependent guarantee.
- Long-Term and Short-term Disability
- FSA, Dependent FSA and Limited FSA.
- Life Assistance Program.
- Discount Auto and Home Insurance through MetLife.
- Competitive Compensation: Base pay and benefits that are designed to be equitable and market competitive.
- Rewards for Total Performance: Incentive programs that provide exceptional rewards for exceptional performance.
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus Award Program.
- Employee Development Opportunities: Growth and coaching pathways designed to help our First Team reach their full potential.
- Work From Home. Every Day. We have fully embraced a virtual work model enabling you to work where you are personally most productive.
- Flexible Time Off to fit your needs and lifestyle.
- A diverse and global workforce.
Edgio (NASDAQ: EGIO) is an edge-enabled software solutions provider powering unmatched, secure digital experiences through a seamlessly integrated delivery, applications and streaming platform. Our globally-scaled technology and expert services fuel the world’s top brands with the capacity to deliver the fastest, most dynamic, and frictionless education, entertainment, events and applications to every user. Dedicated to providing unparalleled client care and extending value every step of the way, Edgio is a partner of choice, driving worldwide internet traffic to support the most popular shows, movies, sports, games and music, and instant-loading websites. To learn more, visit edg.io .