ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes Underwriting is seeking a Sales Operations Insurance Assistant to join its Operations Team in Sydney. You will report to an Operations Manager of Descartes Group being located in Paris. You will be in close and effective cooperation with all the team in Sydney and play a vital role in the following activities:
POLICIES AND PROGRAMS HANDLING
- Deploy and oversee policies issuance and their smooth integration within Descartes’ operation systems;
- Contribute and implement Descartes policies;
- Deploy and oversee insurance premium issuance and settlement;
- Manage claims handling after natural events.
BEING THE OPERATIONS FOCAL POINT FOR DESCARTES PARTNERS WITHIN THE APAC REGION
Data availability and reliability lies heavily on the Operations team: being a data-driven company means that extra care is brought to ensuring a smooth and efficient data communication with our partners :
- Ensure availability and efficient monitoring of workflows with brokers and clients;
- Manage local TOBA (Terms of Business Agreement) & signed policies collection;
- Produce regulatory reporting for your Direct Manager based in Paris, France.
BEING RESPONSIBLE OF THE TRAVEL AND EXPENSES (T&E) AND ACCOUNT AND PAYABLE (A&P) HANDLING LOCALLY
- Collect the T&E receipts from the local Business Developers;
- Prepare and control of T&E claims;
- Prepare and control of A&P invoices to local providers;
- T&Es and A&Ps pre-system interface monitoring;
- Plan, execute and follow up the day-to-day delivery of services.
Your missions will evolve in the future as Descartes is growing fast and many exciting projects are waiting for you. It's a unique opportunity to take a closer look inside a fast-growing start-up with huge ambitions!
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideally 2 to 3 years in an Operations position at a broker or within an insurance company, in a Commercial P&C environment;
- Experience in claims highly valued.
- Total fluency in English (written and verbal communication) – required;
- Good command of one additional language (e.g. French, German, Spanish) – valued;
- Mastering of Excel and comfort with handling numbers.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity;
- Motivated to help improving businesses and communities’ resilience to climate change.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- You can benefit from a punctual home office days.
HOW TO APPLY?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.